cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not activate the new sim card

Yanlongsui
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Gooood day folks

I bougth new sim card ( Prepaid ). Tried to create new profile and activate the new sim card more than 3 times in past couple days. Looks like the profile was there, but could not sign in, I am not sure if you guys starts to charge my money on new sim card. Also wants to get phone number that I registered on first time. Could you please let me know, Thanks. 

The sim card number is xxxxxxx.Thanks.

Edit:. Personal information redacted by will13am.  

8 REPLIES 8

You can only use  credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S.   Alternatively, you could use a virtual debit card like recharge or koho.ca.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yanlongsui  - Pretty sure that your Chinese CC will not work.  You might need to stick to vouchers for payment - or, if there is someone close that would be willing to allow you to use their CC, you could be OK for auto-pay.  Remember, that in order to get the auto-pay reward, you simply need to have a valid CC on file.  you don't actually need to pay with that card.  you can use vouchers to keep your balnace up, and still get the auto-pay reward.

Yanlongsui
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good day guys,

I was spoke with local store early. They told me that the public mobile website was down, even their portal down as well. I just tried to creat a new profile minutes ago . It was successful. Tried to use the new sim card. I got signal. I have to wait till my bill statement show up.

also can I register my Chinese visa card on auto-pay? I dont have Canadian credit card for now.

Thanks. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you try the forgot password ?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/.  You also try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also try clear your cache.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Yanlongsui , if you paid with a credit card, please check your statement to see if charges have been applied.  If not the activation has not progressed far enough to create a new account.  If you have not been charged, you can try to activate again using incognito mode.  If you have been charged, you need to contact the moderator team for assistance on straightening out the account.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Yanlongsui did you get confirmation your account was created if you used cc was it charged if you dial*611 what does it say?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Yanlongsui you are on a public forum remove sim number click the 3dots in top right corner to edit post

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You should remove the sim#.  When you log into your account does it show as being active.  You would be charged once the account is setup.  

Can you make calls or text ?  If you have data, can you access the internet ?

Need Help? Let's chat.