cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not activate celluar data network

cairns13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New to Public Mobile.  My phone is semi working.  I can place calls out but can't receive them.  I'm showing full bars with Public Mobile 3G yet anytime i try to access the internet I receive the message "Could not activate celluar data network, You are not subscribed to a celluar data service"  Any ideas?

I purchased the $40 a month package.

15 REPLIES 15

@cairns13 Reboot your phone with the SIM installed and confirm the message because various PIN messages can occur:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted by submitting a ticket at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@cairns13 wrote:

Lol I'm a little useless and my son didn't help.  Now I need a PUK pin code to unlock my sim chip.  Simon.JPG

cairns13

Lol I'm a little useless and my son didn't help.  Now I need a PUK pin code to unlock my sim chip.  

@cairns13 I do have a longer checklist related to data issues but given the, apparent, failed port suggest you first have that rectified by the moderators. Check back here once everything works except for data and we can explore more.

One "simple" test to show phone vs account issue is to try the PM SIM in another unlocked phone, and a different good SIM in yours. If the port is stuck, your old carrier SIM is likely still working.

cairns13

@Luddite 

a) shows 6 GB of data there with some used, no idea how that happened since i have no celluar access lol

b) no carrier update, checked

c) yes i did so maybe that is affecting it.  Does say a network reset should fix the issues.

Thank you for responding!

@popping wrote:

@cairns13 wrote:

yes i've been following this message thread, and tried the reset network settings.  i transferred over to public mobile last friday.  everything seemed to go well, just no data available.  my account is showing i have 6 GB of data total

You number port is stuck after waiting for 3 days.  Create a moderator support ticket to fix your porting issue using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

Thanks for the porting reminder @popping . Got too focused on the data. Robot Embarassed

cairns13

Thank you @popping going to try that now 🙂

@cairns13 wrote:

yes i've been following this message thread, and tried the reset network settings.  i transferred over to public mobile last friday.  everything seemed to go well, just no data available.  my account is showing i have 6 GB of data total

a) Again, double check your account. Does a data block show under Data & add-ons?

b) Check for a carrier update: Settings >> General >> About: if a carrier update is offered install it.

c) Did you recently update iOS 13.3? There is a data bug affecting some users: Apple iOS 13.3 Release: Should You Upgrade? [Updated]

GreaseMonkey
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had similar issues. Contact the Moderator and they will be able to help.

They will refresh your account on their end and probably ask you to reset your phone.

That should probably work.

Good luck.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cairns13 wrote:

You number port is stuck after waiting for 3 days.  Create a moderator support ticket to fix your porting issue using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

cairns13

@cairns13 wrote:

iphone 8 plus

@cairns13  Maybe try doing a network reset to see if data starts working.

cairns13

@geopublic  i have an iphone 8 plus

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@cairns13 wrote:

New to Public Mobile.  My phone is semi working.  I can place calls out but can't receive them.  I'm showing full bars with Public Mobile 3G yet anytime i try to access the internet I receive the message "Could not activate celluar data network, You are not subscribed to a celluar data service"  Any ideas?

I purchased the $40 a month package.

@cairns13  What type of phone do you have?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@cairns13 Have you only recently joined and requested a transfer of your old phone number?

What is make/model of your phone?

Login to your accoint and see of you have a data allocation under Plans & add-ons?

Need Help? Let's chat.