Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct my address in the order I made today

Rizapitao
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Can you correct my address please

20 REPLIES 20

Yes, I forgot to mention that there was a fee with Canada Post to redirect the mail to a new address. I had to do this when I moved. All my mail was redirected for 1 year. I am sure some of my old mail is still sent to my old address since I moved 8 years ago.

Probably not worth it if it is just for a single mail item.

@esjliv wrote:

@computergeek541 , I agree, it would not be cost feasible for a SIM card.

The redirection "For a Trackable Shipments only" became available (from my experience) about 1-2 years ago. You are right though, before that, the owner of the Canada Post account did not have the option to do this.

Maybe the above you quoted is for non-trackable items...not sure? It could also depend on the type of Canada Post account the company has set up.

I see that as Canada Post providing contracdictory information, as Public Mobile does at times.  At least for shipments within Canada, a parcel (anything not classified as a letter) can't be untrackable.  We do both seem to agree that an address change is very unlikely once an item has been shipped, especially the case of a single SIM card. 

Hi @computergeek541 , I actually am able to redirect Canada Post deliveries (to revised/corrected addresses) with the company I work for through our Canada Post online account, there is a fee for that of course.

EDIT: not sure if Public Mobile would have this in their process for a trackable item though.

I stand corrected. I have found the link to the Canada Post site for that to be done for packages from the account that the packages was created from.  However, it still would not be cost feasible, in my opinion.  At one point, Canada Post's website made it clear that they would not do this under any circumstances and actually used wording similar to that they were legally obligated to deliver as addressed. I supposed times change. Thanks for the informaiton. 

Ironically, Canada Post still says on another place on their website that they won't change the address once something has been sent.

"What happens to a letter or parcel that is addressed incorrectly?

If a letter or parcel has an address on it, we are required to try to deliver the item to the address indicated. Changes or corrections can’t be made to the address, or the letter or package, once it has been mailed."

What happens to a item that is addressed incorrectly? | Canada Post

@computergeek541 , I agree, it would not be cost feasible for a SIM card.

The redirection "For a Trackable Shipments only" became available (from my experience) about 1-2 years ago. You are right though, before that, the owner of the Canada Post account did not have the option to do this.

Maybe the above you quoted is for non-trackable items...not sure? It could also depend on the type of Canada Post account the company has set up.

@esjliv wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Rizapitao Can’t you just do an address change with Canada Post?

Canada Post does not allow a delivery address to be changed for an individual shipment. Further, as Public Mobile sometimes send without tracking, there would be no way to for them to proceed even if they could do it. Canada Post states that they must only deliver an item as addressed or have it held at the post office for pick up.

@esjliv 

It is against Canada Post policy to redirect a package. They must deliver as addressed, even if they know that a package has been sent to the wrong address.  They do offer mail forwarding but that requires a person to have lived at a previous address and to visit a post office to arrange for that service. It wouldn't be for that one shipment either.  It would be for everything sent to that person and to that old address.  That's also going to cost more than the $10 price of a SIM card.

Hi @computergeek541 , I actually am able to redirect Canada Post deliveries (to revised/corrected addresses) with the company I work for through our Canada Post online account, there is a fee for that of course.

EDIT: not sure if Public Mobile would have this in their process for a trackable item though.

I stand corrected. I have found the link to the Canada Post site for that to be done for packages from the account that the packages was created from.  However, it still would not be cost feasible, in my opinion.  At one point, Canada Post's website made it clear that they would not do this under any circumstances and actually used wording similar to that they were legally obligated to deliver as addressed. I supposed times change. Thanks for the informaiton. 

Ironically, Canada Post still says on another place on their website that they won't change the address once something has been sent.

"What happens to a letter or parcel that is addressed incorrectly?

If a letter or parcel has an address on it, we are required to try to deliver the item to the address indicated. Changes or corrections can’t be made to the address, or the letter or package, once it has been mailed."

What happens to a item that is addressed incorrectly? | Canada Post

@computergeek541 wrote:

@BKNS27 wrote:

Canada Post does not allow a delivery address to be changed for an individual shipment. Further, as Public Mobile sometimes send without tracking, there would be no way to for them to proceed even if they could do it. Canada Post states that they must only deliver an item as addressed or have it held at the post office for pick up.

@esjliv 

It is against Canada Post policy to redirect a package. They must deliver as addressed, even if they know that a package has been sent to the wrong address.  They do offer mail forwarding but that requires a person to have lived at a previous address and to visit a post office to arrange for that service. It wouldn't be for that one shipment either.  It would be for everything sent to that person and to that old address.  That's also going to cost more than the $10 price of a SIM card.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@esjliv 

@BKNS27 wrote:

@BKNS27  you cannot do that with regular letter post.

And if it was a trackable item with a tracking number only the person with the account number issuing the shipment (which would be PM, in this case) could redirect the shipment.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JK8 wrote:

@Rizapitao wrote:

i just order now

If it is a SIM card or phone that you ordered then contact a moderator.

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@Rizapitao were you able to get to the Moderators to correct your address?

You will need to use @JK8 2nd option in red above, since you are not a PM customer yet and do not have a self serve account.

@445935293 wrote:

you could do it by yourslef.

Hi @445935293 the OP cannot change his address himself because this is a sim card order.  No account yet.

Nice to see you in the forums

RosieR

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

you could do it by yourslef.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rizapitao : When you get your SIM, don't forget to use a referral code to get a $10 credit.

@Rizapitao wrote:

thank you but i Tried many times , i cannot login

If it was a SIM card or phone you ordered and the address need to be changed then contact a moderator.

The self service link is only for customers who have aleady activated with Public Mobile, which I assume you have not.

Rizapitao

thank you but i Tried many times , i cannot login

Rizapitao

no reply yet. thank you

Rizapitao

yes my home address

@Rizapitao wrote:

i just order now

If it is a SIM card or phone that you ordered then contact a moderator.

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Rizapitao

i just order now

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JK8 : I suspect he means from ordering a SIM online. Always read the subject line too. Or I've misinterpreted too. 🙂

@Rizapitao : If I'm right then you'll need to contact the moderators. In a way hopefully it hasn't been shipped yet.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Rizapitao wrote:

Hi,

Can you correct my address please

Are you talking about your home address? You can do that in self service.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Need Help? Let's chat.