cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing Payment Due Text

dnadolny
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi Everyone,

A few weeks ago I joined Public Mobile. Last week (I believe), I signed up my wife, since everything went well with mine.

Yesterday, we both received text messages from 611 saying that our payment is due April 01. Was this a mistaken text from Public Mobile? In "My Account", it has the due date as April 6 (which makes more sense), and a later due day for my wife.

Thanks for the help!

9 REPLIES 9

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

It was a glitch, I received a message today confirming to ignore the previous text and go to my self serve account to know when my actual payment is. You can ignore that text.

Screenshot_20200429_180024.jpg

Welcome to Public have an amazing night!

Irv

I received a text message from 611 asking to disregard the previous text message received with the wrong payment due date. Glad to see that PM is reviewing their communication and correct it as needed. As always, for payment due date, our self-serve website is the place to check. Thank you PM ! 

@Irv Hi unfortunately it is an ongoing thing always go by your self serve is your best bet be prepared for more wonderful and Quirky little things on this website lol

Irv

Thank you for sharing this confusing communication from PM with us. 

Today, I also received a text message from 611 reminding me my payment due date as May 1st even though it's actually later in May as per my self-serve information.

I believe it must be a bug for new members. A friend who joined later in April received the same message as well. Hopefully that can be fixed for the next new members. Otherwise, we are happy members 👍

dnadolny

Hi @Alan_K, thank you for looking into this! I've sent you a private message, let me know if you need anything else!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dnadolny wrote:

Hi Everyone,

A few weeks ago I joined Public Mobile. Last week (I believe), I signed up my wife, since everything went well with mine.

Yesterday, we both received text messages from 611 saying that our payment is due April 01. Was this a mistaken text from Public Mobile? In "My Account", it has the due date as April 6 (which makes more sense), and a later due day for my wife.

Thanks for the help!

@dnadolny Thanks for flagging and sorry for the confusion! Do you mind sharing a screenshot of this text and your account number to me in a private message so I can look into this?

Just hit the envelope button on the top right!

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That happened to me when I first joined.  I received a text after 2 weeks saying payment was due.  I checked my account and the payment date was correct.  The payment didn’t come out until the due date.

dnadolny

@JoyLuck Thank you! This was my first time calling 611, I didn't realize it would read out the payment date like that. Everything seems good doing that, so it must have just been a mistaken text message somehow!

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@dnadolny wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the help!

Most likely a text mistake. Call 611 or go to self service to confirm your date.

Need Help? Let's chat.