cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about Phone Compatibility: New Member

Hello-motto
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'd like to be a customer, but I'm confused about whether or not my iPhone 4s is compatible with the service. 

I tried using the phone compatibility function online. I don't understand it so I'm hoping for a direct answer to my question.

Here are the details I was provided when I used the phone compatibility function on this website:

I don't understand the part where it says "Device does not support 4G LTE bands", what does this mean and how do I know if my phone is compatible with the Public Mobile service and SIN card? I'm not sure what a 4G LTE band is and if I have one. 

Learn about your phone's compatibility with our network:

• Sub-model:  A1431 China
    3G

850MHz, 1900MHz

4G LTE

Device does not support 4G LTE bands

• Sub-model:  A1387 CDMA
    3G

Device does not support 3G bands

4G LTE

• Sub-model:  A1387 GSM
    3G

850MHz, 1900MHz

4G LTE

6 REPLIES 6

@Hello-motto if it has a Sim card then it's the gsm version which means it will work on public mobile.  Having said that it will not connect to LTE so you will stay on 3g and be able to call, text and use data but the Data may be slower if the towers are congestid and busy

Hello-motto

@GR thanks for the reply. Model is A1387 according to what is on the back of my phone.

I'm not familiar with tech jargon at all so I have no idea what 3g bands means. Is there any way I can check if I have this? I'm hoping to order a SIN card soon but want to make sure my phone is compatible first. 

Hello-motto

The submodel is A1387

@Hello-motto 

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

iphone 4S should work. As stated above, the CDMA model may not work.

Or you could check the following website:

https://willmyphonework.net

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The sub models with 850 and 1900 MHz listed will work.  I don't think the CDMA model will.  LTE is best for data but not essential.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Hello-motto  a 4s will work with public mobile. It needs to have the 3g bands to talk.  What submodel do you have?  It's on the back of the phone in tiny letters abd starts with A

Need Help? Let's chat.