cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicting promo info

NickleNDimeCdn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello - 

I'm confused about when you actually need to activate your SIM (potential new Public customer) in order to get the 2GBBONUS deal.

General website page says you must activate your sim by Dec. 1st.

When I sent my email to activate promotion, the response page immediately after submitting said activate by Dec. 17th...

...However, the email they sent to my address said activate by Dec. 1st.

I contacted chat twice.  The first person said I wouldn't get the 2GB bonus if I didn't activate by the 1st, just one month free.

The second person said I would get the entire promo deal if I activate sim by Dec. 17.

I'm still waiting on my sims to arrive by mail (ordered them 2 days ago).

I've already wasted a lot of time trying to straighten this out...

Thanks for help!

49 REPLIES 49

NickleNDimeCdn

Wonderful!  Thanks so much 🙂

@NickleNDimeCdn 

I love my nickel and dimes!  It's smart of you to get clarification on the promo that @Anonymous  explained in a long way and @Anonymous  did in a short way. The community manager Jade cleared the mud later in the announcement thread on the details of the promo. The use of the 2GBBONUS promocode will give you 2gb of recurring bonus plan data for as long as you dont change your rate plan. You will also qualify for a third month free credit equal to the the plan you activate upon. Most importantly make sure you register the email for the promotion that you intend to use to activate. Fortunately pm is now shipping sim cards in two to three days a marked improvement over the past that was taking two to three weeks.

When you activate you will find bother the promocode box and the referral code box on the the fourth page. Using a friend's referral code will also net you the $10 bonus referral credit. This will be added to your account within 72 hours but most will see it the next day.

Don't forget when you port in your phone number to keep the old sim card in your phone to recieve the PAT (porting authorization text) and reply YES within 90 minutes of receiving it. You can then switch to your pm sim card for the port to complete.

Welcome to the community! We are always happy to help!

NickleNDimeCdn

Hey, thanks for this!  Very helpful.

NickleNDimeCdn

Yes I ordered them through PM.  That's great people are receiving their sims quickly.  And yes, I can always wait for the next promo... but I want to get out of my current overpriced plan ASAP.  I love my nickels and dimes 😉

@IanM1 wrote:

Same question as NickleNDimeCdn regarding the conflicting promo information. Sounds like everybody is just giving their own interpretation, and PM customer service reps don't know for sure either, so no point in asking them. Just have to wait for the SIM cards to arrive and see what happens.

@IanM1 

Yes, we are just customer like you.  But in this particular case, we tried to find out the official answer.  I have openly asked the Community Manager Jade and got a confirmation from her that it is December 17

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-Black-Friday-deals-are-here-Don-...

IanM1

Same question as NickleNDimeCdn regarding the conflicting promo information. Sounds like everybody is just giving their own interpretation, and PM customer service reps don't know for sure either, so no point in asking them. Just have to wait for the SIM cards to arrive and see what happens.

@NickleNDimeCdn  did you order the SIM via PM?  there are couple confirmation that SIM are shipped within couple days , so let's hope the same way for you (let us know how long it takes)

and worst case, if the sim arrives late, maybe you can join with Christmas or Boxing day promo.. lol

NickleNDimeCdn

Hey - thanks to everyone who took the time to reply to my post.  

For anyone needing closure, lol - I have decided to wait until my sims arrive by mail... and HOPEFULLY the deal will still exist to activate after Dec. 1st 🤞(and assuming mail will arrive before 17th 🤞🤞).  

@NickleNDimeCdn wrote:

Thank you.  Yes, I did contact them twice already (and go 2 different responses) but maybe I will try again.  

@NickleNDimeCdn 

You can activate by Dec 17.

Keep the screenshot as proof just in case .

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NickleNDimeCdn 

your welcome,

NickleNDimeCdn

Thank you.  Yes, I did contact them twice already (and go 2 different responses) but maybe I will try again.  

NickleNDimeCdn

Thanks for the tips!

NickleNDimeCdn

And here is a screen shot of the website response immediately after I registered my email.  So you can see the conflicting info...

IMG_0846.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NickleNDimeCdn 

you can activate from Today until December 17 2021,

if you still confused about it and you need the right answer from Team public mobile 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, 

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • confirm information,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck.....

NickleNDimeCdn

Thank you for detailed reply.  Here is a screenshot from my email response after I activated my email... (so Dec. 1st activation in this case I'm assuming is for SIM since I just activated email):

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 12.03.20 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NickleNDimeCdn : Apparently SIM's ordered from here are arriving much faster these days.

Welcome to the Public Mobile marketing department.

$15 and $25 plans (and all) can get the free month. $35 and up can get the recurring 2GB.

You've done the first part of signing up your email by the 1st. Then you activate using that email by the 17th.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NickleNDimeCdn 

for your order online maybe is take a long time from 3 to 5 week to arrive but you can keep it them for friend or spare, and buy it now is much better and fast way..

*important to you know about transfer old number*

Make sure the old SIM card in your phone when you're Transfer your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NickleNDimeCdn 

i suggest you to get a New SIM card is better for you and fast way

from any Retail store or gas station near you and you buy it right away,

Where To Buy A SIM card,

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click Here link 

to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

or 

Too easy buy it online or in store visit Here link, or Pickup 1-2 Hours.CAD $2.99 Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NickleNDimeCdn 

Terms and conditions 

Spoiler
Effective until December 1 2021 at 11:59PM ET. Offer available to new customers who submit their email address online until December 1, and then activate online using the same email address they submitted on this page by December 17 2021 at 11:59PM ET. Offers are stackable with other promotions.

The one-time credit amount will be equal to the plan activated on and will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans.

Please note the discount will be applied within 60 days of activation.

Activate on any plan $35 or more and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus for a limited time.

Offer available to new customers who activate online.

2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40, $50 and $60 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.
Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied.
This promotion is stackable with other in-market offers.
This offer is subject to change without notice.
Taxes are extra. The account must have sufficient funds to cover the total cost each month.

After Dec 1st, the offer will no longer will be on public mobile website, however, if the email it´s registered before or by Dec 1st, he will have until Dec 17th to activate the account and get the full offer,
It doeant matter if you activate today or on Dec 17th, you will always get the offer
The most important is to register your email, before Dec 1st

Get a month of free service,, Plus, get 2GB of free monthly data on any plan $35/mo+

you can activate from Today until December 17 2021,

actually to Get a month of free service when you enter your email below until Dec 1. Plus, get 2GB of free monthly data on any plan $35/mo+ using the promo code 2GBBONUS.

but for the 2GB of free monthly data the are keep it in here,,, but for a month of free service one time offer ...

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $60 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*for more information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service you will be very happy.

Need Help? Let's chat.