cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completed Activation...Incomplete?

cat0faw3s0m3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just signed up yesterday and completed the entire process (Quite easy. Kudos PMobile!)

...except for the very last step.

Entered payment and clicked to process on the very last page and it did the "sit & spin" icon for three minutes. I waited expecting that that servers were holding a lengthy conference; soon to arrive at a decision.

Alas, the PMobile site responded with a GENERAL ERROR and prompted me to sign back in.

Here's where it gets weird. The payment was posted to my CC. The SIM card activated and the phone is now active on the PMobile network and functioning just fine. However my e-mail and account simply do not exist!

Password recovery and login attempts all fail because the e-mail does not exist according to the site.

I'm going to guess this issue might be beyond the Community powers will have to be directly elevated to a Mod?

5 REPLIES 5

cat0faw3s0m3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Moderator Marius put me on the right track.

The additional curve ball here was that the confirmation e-mail indicated by the first PMobile text message never arrived.

Another problem, that I managed to fix myself, was that my community PW was not being accepted by SIMon bot, yet it was fine for general board login.

I had a sudden "Little Bobby Tables" suspicion and removed a "%" from my community PW and SIMon bot was happy to make the ticket.

Thank You all!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@cat0faw3s0m3 yeah, that's what happens when the servers are on a 1mb connection 😁

this glitch seems to do the same thing if you haven't logged in to the website for a certain period of time. I think after 90 days

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@cat0faw3s0m3 This is the link to attempt creation of the account mentioned in earlier post: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Welcome aboard.

The good ship "PM Adventure".The good ship "PM Adventure".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@cat0faw3s0m3 Try creating a self service account.  If it fails contact the moderators, explain your situation and ask them to help you create one. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@cat0faw3s0m3 wrote:

Just signed up yesterday and completed the entire process (Quite easy. Kudos PMobile!)

...except for the very last step.

Entered payment and clicked to process on the very last page and it did the "sit & spin" icon for three minutes. I waited expecting that that servers were holding a lengthy conference; soon to arrive at a decision.

Alas, the PMobile site responded with a GENERAL ERROR and prompted me to sign back in.

Here's where it gets weird. The payment was posted to my CC. The SIM card activated and the phone is now active on the PMobile network and functioning just fine. However my e-mail and account simply do not exist!

Password recovery and login attempts all fail because the e-mail does not exist according to the site.

I'm going to guess this issue might be beyond the Community powers will have to be directly elevated to a Mod?

@cat0faw3s0m3 contact a moderator  click on the ? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator       check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

Need Help? Let's chat.