cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint- Unexpected taking money from my credit card

BantyMittal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile took money from my credit card two times. I called my bank for fraud department they just suggested me that i should try to contact you regarding that. otherwise, they will register a fraud case. How can i contact you for details?

8 REPLIES 8

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Did you just let your service expire? Or did you port your number out to a new provider?

If you ported your number out, your account should have been closed, I believe. In this case, you DESERVE A REFUND.

If you just let your account expire, and you didn't want to continue charges, it is your responsibility to remove autopay and it's probably best to remove your credit card information from the Self-Serve site. In this case, if you did not remove your auto-pay and/or credit card info, a REFUND is not your right. BUT,  if you contact the @CS_Agent and you didn't use your account, they may still refund your money. I hope they would.

If you did not do any of the above, even as an oversight, and you still used your account (which will be obvious to them) then you are still a user and must pay for your service until you complete the steps above.

In the end, this will not be seen as fraud. However, whether it's your mistake or Public Mobile's is still a matter that needs to be discussed. If you are respectful to them, they will do their best to help you.

This is my opinion, and I am not a moderator.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@BantyMittal wrote:

Public Mobile took money from my credit card two times. I called my bank for fraud department they just suggested me that i should try to contact you regarding that. otherwise, they will register a fraud case. How can i contact you for details?

@BantyMittal  Go into your selfserve account and click on the payment history. Change the reporting period to at least 60 days. Do the two charges appear in yor payment history. Please not that the amounts in your payment history do not include taxes.

If those charges are not in your payment history you can discuss it with PM as others have mentioned by submiting a ticket to Public Mobile.

PMST.png

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BantyMittal wrote:

I did not set any auto payment from my card but still they are charging. is this a fraud case?

I am a PM subscriber.  If you want to discuss your situation with moderator, create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right hand bottom corner of this page.  Moderator wait time is up to 2 days.

@BantyMittal wrote:

I did not set any auto payment from my card but still they are charging. is this a fraud case?

Are the charges on your CC from Public Mobile?  Did you make any changes or purchase add-ons?

If you are a new customer, you would have been charged for the plan plus a SIM. 

Check your online account to see what shows in payment history.

BantyMittal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BantyMittal wrote:

Login to your self-serve account.

What is the amount of available fund on your overview page?

If it is the same as 1x payment, PM may have took an extra payment.  You can use the overpayment to renew your plan on your next renewal date.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you can click the right hand cornor ?, it will direct to you to the MOD team. We are customers here same with you, you can post a screenshoot for your payment and hide your personal information here, someone will help you at the mean time you waiting for MOD reply. 

Did you change your plan in the middle of cycle, if yes, it may charge you two times.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BantyMittal wrote:

Just double check that you didn't change to a different plan mid cycle or purchased any add-ons to account for the extra charges.

However, if there was an error you can contact moderators via SIMon.  Click here to submit a ticket: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Any refunds issued would be in the form a credit on your account to be used for future plan renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.