cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community account

LDD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I signed up for public mobile and community with the same email address however one I used a capital L and the other auto populated with a lower case L and I didn't notice it until now. Will this still link to my public mobile account if I earn any rewards or will the lower case/ upper case cause an issue?

8 REPLIES 8

Email addresses ARE NOT case sensitive. However, PM is using the email address not for emailing but to tie two things together and in my opinion they have it set to be exact, like a password. I didn't get my community cash reward automatically for 5 months but once it was finally sorted out I had changed several things so not sure what actually fixed it. One thing I found and fixed is exactly what @LDD @describes with one having an upper case letter that was lower case in the other place.

AE_Collector

@LDD  I would message the mods as they can change or fix things for your community account and definitively answer the question if it makes a difference.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@geopublic wrote:

@LDD  No need to change anything because email addresses are not case sensitive.

I was told they were case-sensitive has something changed?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@LDD  No need to change anything because email addresses are not case sensitive.

@LDD wrote:

Doesn't seem to want to let me change to lowercase L in the community account. It's already in use by another account it says  

That could be because it sees it as the same. Maybe try changing to another email you have and change it back.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@LDD well in that case I would message the moderator_team just to check in to it. Click on questions mark on the right hand side of the page and follow thru until you click submit ticket 

LDD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Doesn't seem to want to let me change to lowercase L in the community account. It's already in use by another account it says  

GR
Mayor / Maire

@LDD i would change the community account email to the exact same one as your phone account 

Need Help? Let's chat.