cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming from Koodo Number Change

Kovalchuk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am a Koodo customer coming to Public Mobile. In the Public Mobile account setup for Koodo customers it says to pick a new number and then "contact us" to transfer the old Koodo number. Who exactly do I contact?

Thanks,

Kov

10 REPLIES 10

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@mh1983 wrote:

Do you guys know if the "change email account tied to Koodo" tip is still suggested? I signed up this way and it worked well. I saw an old thread on the matter too, but may be an out of date thing. Do ports happen seamlessly now, regardless of the same email on Koodo postpaid and PM prepaid?

I would still avoid using the same email. I am not sure if it was just an issue if you were prepaid with koodo or not.  I just wouldn't want to tempt the PM systems to run smoothly

I've used the same email for Koodo prepaid and PM without any issues.Smiley HappyDon't think it's an issue.

Kovalchuk

All done. Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers,

Kovie

@Kovalchuk There is an option in the signup form to move your number from another provider, but the best way to do it is to signup with Public Mobile and pick a new number, then use your self-serve account to change your phone number, there is will give you an option to move your number from another provider and you can give the information from your Koodo account. You do not need to contact Koodo to move your number, and your Koodo account will be closed automatically after your number is moved.

@mh1983 wrote:

Do you guys know if the "change email account tied to Koodo" tip is still suggested? I signed up this way and it worked well. I saw an old thread on the matter too, but may be an out of date thing. Do ports happen seamlessly now, regardless of the same email on Koodo postpaid and PM prepaid?

I would still avoid using the same email. I am not sure if it was just an issue if you were prepaid with koodo or not.  I just wouldn't want to tempt the PM systems to run smoothly

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Kovalchuk wrote:

@ShawnC13 Where does one go to port the number? Is that on Koodo's website or somewhere in my Public mobile account page?

Through the PM self serve portal.  Login and you will want to find change number.  There it will ask if you want to port in a land line or a number from another cellular provider.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Kovalchuk

@ShawnC13 Where does one go to port the number? Is that on Koodo's website or somewhere in my Public mobile account page?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Kovalchuk wrote:

Hello,

I am a Koodo customer coming to Public Mobile. In the Public Mobile account setup for Koodo customers it says to pick a new number and then "contact us" to transfer the old Koodo number. Who exactly do I contact?

Thanks,

Kov

@Kovalchuk, you only need to contact the Moderators if you are coming from Koodo Prepaid.  If you are a post paid account you can do the port in of your number through the self serve on your own.

Kovalchuk

My man.

Thx 🙂

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Kovalchuk You would need to contact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Need Help? Let's chat.