cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicked on “previous” while sim card activation

Leosia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi guys,

since yesterday midday I have an issue activating my sim card. When I was on the step 3 I needed to return to the step 1 to change referral code, so I pressed back button twice to return to the step 1. When I returned to step 1, I re-entered information needed, clicked continue and got an error that the sim card is used by someone else, try in 50 mins. I tried in 1h, then in 6h, then in 24h but I can’t go further than step 1.. the website loads loads loads and that’s it. I tried to use same browser, a different browser on the same device, different device - no luck. I guess my sim card is locked or something.. can you help me?

Thank you!!!

10 REPLIES 10

@Leosia wrote:

Yes! It worked!! Incognito mode worked! 

I however didn't get any referral reward.. will check the community why it was so. Thank you so much!

Hi @Leosia nice to hear that the incognito mode worked for you.  

It would be nice if you go the reply that helped you the most and click ‘Accept as Solution’ on the response. It helps people find answers more quickly and communicates your appreciation to the people who helped you.  thanks in advance

Your $1 referral reward will be in your account before your next renewal date.

Welcome to Public Mobile!  1

Leosia

Thank you everyone! You are amazing!!!!

Leosia

Yes! It worked!! Incognito mode worked! 

I however didn't get any referral reward.. will check the community why it was so. Thank you so much!

Also, @Leosia , you may wish to try clearing cookies and cache before trying.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Leosia wrote:

Hi guys,

since yesterday midday I have an issue activating my sim card. When I was on the step 3 I needed to return to the step 1 to change referral code, so I pressed back button twice to return to the step 1. When I returned to step 1, I re-entered information needed, clicked continue and got an error that the sim card is used by someone else, try in 50 mins. I tried in 1h, then in 6h, then in 24h but I can’t go further than step 1.. the website loads loads loads and that’s it. I tried to use same browser, a different browser on the same device, different device - no luck. I guess my sim card is locked or something.. can you help me?

Thank you!!!

@Leosia ,

Hold on...did you payment go through to your credit card?

If so, insert your SIM, REBOOT your phone and see if you have any services.

FYI-

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot or link:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

OR

2 - Contact the Public Mobile  Moderator_Team via private message using this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Leosia ,

Activation page can be finicky sometimes.

Try opening a tab in Incognito Mode and try the activation process again.

Welcome!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Leosia 

PM server does not handle going back a page very well.

After going back in a page, always restarts your browser and starts over the activation process again.

Sometime, your SIM card is still locked to your failed activation session until PM server cancel the previous session and release your SIM card to be used again.  Just take a break and come back after an hour.  Make sure to close the browser and start over again.

Good luck and welcome to PM.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Leosia wrote:

Hi guys,

Thank you!!!

Hi @Leosia during activation, you cannot press the back button.  Sorry the website bot is set that way.  The Live Chat Assistance will help you go through the activation process.

Go here for Live Chat Activation Assistance https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Hours of Operation: 8:00am - 5:00pm PST / 11:00AM - 8:00PM EST

Welcome to Public Mobile!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Leosia 

You may likely need to message a moderator to resolve this. Click on the bubble to the lower right-hand saying you need account assistance and select account specific question,  and then select I need a human,  and a ticket will be generated.

Leosia

Thanks, I’ll give it a try now!!

Need Help? Let's chat.