cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification re: unlimited international texts

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It says "Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging" so does that mean video is not included? Also, does this mean I can send and receive texts from any area and country code at all and it is included? 

7 REPLIES 7

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@helenhelen, chances are you will probably need to make sure your data is turned on to send the videos too. If possible use one of the many apps the person said below, or maybe use Messenger or WhatsApp, and send the video that way over a wi-fi connection at any hotspot that you can grab if you are travelling internationally? 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could use apps like vine, snapchat, or Instagram to send videos 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@helenhelen wrote:

It says "Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging" so does that mean video is not included? Also, does this mean I can send and receive texts from any area and country code at all and it is included? 

Yes. I did try international text send and received , but I didn't try sent video. 

Make sure you are in Canada when you sent international text and video, otherwise it won't work.

@jor123 wrote:

Compression is brutal on video MMS though. 

Yes the videos have to be very VERY short and low quality. I noticed that Rogers/Fido/chatr can't receive most. 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Compression is brutal on video MMS though. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

To add to what @Triguy said, from within Canada. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Yes, you can send mms messages to any country including short videos.

Need Help? Let's chat.