cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing my own number

Sikitula
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like for the last four digits of my number to be the same other people in my family (they chose their numbers with other companies and the last four digits are the same).

Is this possible?

2 REPLIES 2

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

New phone number search is only possible when first activating with Public Mobile. Afterwards, you are limited to a small selection each search. However, you can look outside of Public Mobile with other providers to get the number if you really want it. Check if a number with your preferred 4 digits is available with Rogers, freedom, landline carriers, etc - once signed up you can port the number to Public Mobile.

Also look at providers that allow number database searches. A very user friendly example is numberbarn.com which specializes in searches and porting out. They allow easy vanity searches - and make porting out easy. Some of the numbers may be more expensive, but I've found most of them are also available from other resellers as well. Twilio for example I found lists the same numbers in my area for only $1 per month. With their $15 starter credit, it was completely free.

For example, Numberbarn had a local number that spelled my name for $249 USD. Twilio listed the same number for $1 USD. So I grabbed it. 😁 

It seems these particular number ranges all come from Iristel number blocks in Canada, the same ranges most commonly seen with new numbers for VoIP based services like Fongo, voip.ms, TextNow etc...

I've been tempted to take advantage of a free 3 month landline offer from SaskTel here just to see if I can get a nifty number from one of their blocks. 😁

@Sikitula wrote:

I would like for the last four digits of my number to be the same other people in my family (they chose their numbers with other companies and the last four digits are the same).

Is this possible?

The option to select the last phone numbers is only available when you are first activating the services. Also, there is no guarantee that you will be able to get those same 4 numbers every time.

Need Help? Let's chat.