cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing Phone Number

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey

I live in Ottawa, which area do I choose? I found OttawaHull, not sure if that's the right one.

I will be transferring my number from Telus anyways, but I wish to pick the most accurate temporary number for now.

Thanks,

Ed

5 REPLIES 5

Just in the nick of time to get your first community reward!

To be honest, I don't recall getting a text once complete porting from TELUS either. But, it was a year ago. Maybe the text is generated once notification of the release oft he number from other carriers and TELUS isn't really another carrier so no texts are sent. Just guessing.... Porting is close to instant within TELUS companies except from Koodo prepaid.

AE_Collector

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It's done now, no text message though.

Yes, my port in from TELUS took 30-60 seconds to full operation.

AE_Collector

@Ed404 wrote:

Hey

I live in Ottawa, which area do I choose? I found OttawaHull, not sure if that's the right one.

I will be transferring my number from Telus anyways, but I wish to pick the most accurate temporary number for now.

If you're porting in a number, it makes no difference where you take a phone number from now unless you're not going to be porting right away and people will be calling you at that temporary number. Whatever number you're using at that moment, remember that people might have to pay for long dsitance to reach you if you pick a number from a different area.  As soon as you request a number port in, your temporary number will be gone anyway.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Area code 613 or 343 are for Ottawa and surrounding areas. For a temp number...just make a selection as you'll be porting your old number shortly. Porting a number from Telus usually goes fast and smooth.

Need Help? Let's chat.