cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choose Phone Number (Problem) at activation

RG50
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I already created an account for my daughter, successfuly. in April 2019

Now, I would like to ceate an account for my wife and I.

I had difficulty with a SIM card, and couldn't complete my account activation, and returned my card for a new one.

On my inital account creation, it accepted my current phone number to transfer to Public mobile. Now, with my new SIM card, it DOES NOT allow me to transfer my old cell number. I need to keep my old cell number. I want to create an account, but it won't allow me to transfer my old number. I will not change cell providers, if this is not possible.

I had no trouble transfering my daughters cell number.

For work purposes, I need to keep the same number, without any time interuption.

I want to Create 2 accounts, But if I cannot transfer my current number, I won't.....

Please help....

15 REPLIES 15

RG50

I do use auto pay for my daughters phone, no problems at all.

i wasn’t able to activate my phone, as it blocked me at the cell number stage... step 2. It accepted my cell # to active to Public Mobile on my first attempt, before I returned the SIM card, because of problems,

the new SIM card number Exeter, then tried to merge my cell number like before, when it was accepted, no longer allowed me

thats where I’m at

if the number can merge, I’ll be gold, activing 2 more accounts.....

@liuxinbing, they'd have to pay someone to do that also.

In 3 years, only once has AutoPay failed for me, and it was my first renewal, and I was moving from a 30-day to a 90-day plan.  The full amount was taken from AutoPay, but the wrong plan was renewed (the old one).  Services still worked, but needed the moderators to apply the correct plan, and massage the payment transactions.

The only other times I even worry about it being a problem, is when scheduled maintenance is announced, and if my renewal is that night, I make sure to top up ahead.  Why risk it?

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@surreyboz wrote:

@liuxinbing wrote:

@RG50 wrote:

For work purposes, I need to keep the same number, without any time interuption.

I want to Create 2 accounts, But if I cannot transfer my current number, I won't.....

Please help....

Aliant is very expensive, but very reliable. If you need the phone 24/7, reconsider switching.

On the day of your payment due, few hours around the midnight (10pm-4am) the account is suspended. PM knew this glitch but it doesn't think it is a problem. It is a serious problem for people like you and me who might get a call at 1am anyday.

Where did you get this Fake information from?

FYI:, on your Renewal Night as long as you have enough money or Auto Pay setup your account is not Suspended. It may show it online during the renewal night that it's suspended but your Public Mobile Service works Perfectly fine During the Renewal Night

Why did you say it is fake? 

I said already, that it is actually working, just showed suspended. It is atill annoying. Why bother showing suspended while the service is still there? Hiring someone to change status then change back also costs money. Can PM jusy not bother flip the status and save cost.

surreyboz

@liuxinbing wrote:

@RG50 wrote:

Please help....

Aliant is very expensive, but very reliable. If you need the phone 24/7, reconsider switching.

On the day of your payment due, few hours around the midnight (10pm-4am) the account is suspended. PM knew this glitch but it doesn't think it is a problem. It is a serious problem for people like you and me who might get a call at 1am anyday.

Where did you get this Fake information from?

FYI:, on your Renewal Night as long as you have enough money or Auto Pay setup your account is not Suspended. It may show it online during the renewal night that it's suspended but your Public Mobile Service works Perfectly fine During the Renewal Night

liuxinbing

@Anonymous wrote:

@liuxinbing wrote:

@RG50 wrote:

Please help....

But here's the catch...your service should continue working if autopay does not fail or you have enough funds. I let an account suspend and it wasn't until later the next morning that it finally figured out to turn stuff off. It kept working into that next day.

Maybe that varies with other times of the month or something I don't know but that's what I saw.

I hope that is the way, that the service is actually working while it shows suspended. The PM is for my wife, who really doesn't care whether it works or not midnight. I keep using the Aliant one. Aliant was bought by Bell decade ago.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@liuxinbing wrote:

@RG50 wrote:

Please help....

But here's the catch...your service should continue working if autopay does not fail or you have enough funds. I let an account suspend and it wasn't until later the next morning that it finally figured out to turn stuff off. It kept working into that next day.

Maybe that varies with other times of the month or something I don't know but that's what I saw.

liuxinbing

@RG50 wrote:

Please help....

RG50

thanks for your help.

I sent the detailed message to the mediator.

@RG50 wrote:

Could you be so kind, and tell me hope to message, directly the moderator.

I will do exactly as you suggested

Tks

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

RG50

Could you be so kind, and tell me hope to message, directly the moderator.

I will do exactly as you suggested

Tks

Tishie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You might need to wait a few hours to try again as it will lock you out if you enter the same sim number twice.

If I were you, I would contact the moderator. Give your name, phone number, other company name and account number with them.

RG50

This is not a Koodo prepaid, it’s an Alliant number, just like when I activated my daughters phone from an Alliant numbervwith no trouble at all. Since I had problems activating it initially, perhaps my number is now locked. But when I went to activate it, before SIM card error, it accepted my number to transfer into Public Mobile. Now, I cannot....

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RG50 

Are you porting a Koodo prepaid number to PM?

If yes, you need to get a number from PM during activation.  Then, send a private message to morderator to port your Koodo prepaid number to PM.  Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.  PM and Koodo prepaid are using the same backend and cannot use the automate porting function.  

If you are using your phone for work purpose, you may want to reconsider as moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.

superdebator

Hello,

I have a similar problem right now and it's in process. It's better that you contact the moderator privately, they'll help you out.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@RG50 wrote:

I already created an account for my daughter, successfuly. in April 2019

Now, I would like to ceate an account for my wife and I.

I had difficulty with a SIM card, and couldn't complete my account activation, and returned my card for a new one.

@RG50  Usually that happens because of the PM activation is glitchy. Most of the time you just need to wait an hour and you would have been able to complete the port. The fact that you cannot port wife's number from the previous provider is alarming. Two possibilities either your wife's account with the previous provider was closed or the initial port was successful.

On my initial account creation, it accepted my current phone number to transfer to Public mobile. Now, with my new SIM card, it DOES NOT allow me to transfer my old cell number. I need to keep my old cell number. I want to create an account, but it won't allow me to transfer my old number. I will not change cell providers, if this is not possible.

@RG50  The best thing to do at this point is to login into your selfserve account and select the change sim card option. Enter you new SIM number to replace the old one and hopefully the port has completed and everything start working.

I had no trouble transfering my daughters cell number.

Please help....

@RG50  If the above does not work contact Public Mobile immediately. Give them the new SIM number and all other account information and ask them to help you. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Need Help? Let's chat.