cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Porting status

john2002
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, how can I find the status of my porting request? Is there anyway to cancel it? Eventually I still want to port the number but have to keep it with the current carrier for a few more weeks. 

Thanks.

John

12 REPLIES 12

@gpixel @dabr 

That poster should maybe consider getting the new Google pixel 6 with realtime translation full-time.   lol

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous  can you please use Google translate when speaking to others. then other members can understand what you are saying and you can understand what the others are saying...

all you have to do is highlight the text, copy it then paste it into Google translate and choose your native language. same thing if you would like to reply back to a member.

it will even speak back to you if you click the speaker

Screenshot_20211020-174711~2.png

@Anonymous wrote:

@Yummy 

porting request cancel by say No so simple.

@softech 

nice try from next time..

What does that mean?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy 

porting request cancel by say No so simple.

@softech 

nice try from next time..

@Yummy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

OP is not asking HOW TO PORT but can he CANCEL initiated port or to cancel potential future port request.

... we should all take 2 mins to read and understand the question before replying. 

while most wrong suggestions might not matter , this one could really hurt.. 

@Anonymous wrote:

OP is not asking HOW TO PORT but can he CANCEL initiated port or to cancel potential future port request.

@Anonymous wrote:

@john2002 

**important to you know**

Make sure that you have the old SIM card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

@Anonymous  sure?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@john2002 

**important to you know**

Make sure that you have the old SIM card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*for more information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service 

you will be very happy.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I hope you did not reply YES on porting request having old SIM in your phone.

But if you did, then I do not think you will be able to stop it.

You can check porting process progress is you use PM SIM and try to send/receive SMS as that feature become available first.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@john2002  you would have got a text from them asking your permission to port, you can ignore the text  and the number won't be ported

You should then Login to My Account and click Change Number and pick a number to be used for now.

When you are ready to port again, you can go back to My Account and click Change Number again and select the option to port

(if you need to be with you current provider for a lot longer.   At the end of your current cycle on PM, you can let it expired and not load fund and load fund again when you are ready to resume your PM service.  But keep in mind you only have 90 days  or your account will be closed)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@john2002 : I would suggest changing your number. Then when you're ready to port, do the transfer and put your old SIM back in and confirm the transfer and it should go.

As it is now, it's failed and your old account is still active.

Edit: If you're coming from outside the Telus family then check this first.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Simple way to cancel the porting procedure is NOT to respond to the authorization text you receive from your old provider. The port process will stop as it is not authorized by you.

Need Help? Let's chat.