cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheapest place to buy a Public Mobile SIM card, is it Walmart?

darrencorpe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My Public Mobile SIM card was $10.50 with GST at Superstore in Calgary, AB.

My brother says that he bought his SIM card for $7 at Walmart in Calgary.

For the sake of new customers, I was wondering who sells the cheapest Public Mobile SIM cards?

7 REPLIES 7

@dep1355 wrote:

Hi

I got mine for free at a store in Toronto, the address is : 4750 Yonge st unit 159

They have a deal, if you activitae a plan at the sore the SIM is free. Not sure if its for all plans though,  I got mine for free !!!!

All stores had a promo by Public if you activated there.  Some stores might continue but there was an official Public Mobile promo that just ended for a free sim.

dep1355
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I got mine for free at a store in Toronto, the address is : 4750 Yonge st unit 159

They have a deal, if you activitae a plan at the sore the SIM is free. Not sure if its for all plans though,  I got mine for free !!!!

teeth1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i bought mine yesterday for $10 + tax at the mobile shop. I gave them my optimum card and got 1000 PC points as well.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

The cheapest place will be from a friend who bought it but never used.  Store price is $10, but some will give it free with activation.  Ebay, amazon third party and other sites, seller can set their own prices.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darrencorpe wrote:

For the sake of new customers, I was wondering who sells the cheapest Public Mobile SIM cards?

Did you get 1000 points($1) from your local TMS rep?

TMS will give your 1000 points every 3 months by talking to them on your mobile need.

Couple of months ago, I got a personal offer of 20k points($20 groceries at RCSS) for $40 spend at TMS.  I purchased 4 SIM cards at $5+GST each.  I am using these cheap SIM cards for my PM activation party at my house next weekend with my friends' activation.

Some vending machines in the Toronto area malls sell for $10 (no taxes).  Sometimes, you can buy from ebay for a discount.  

The regular cost is $10 + taxes. There have been stories online where some vendors (ie. Walmart) will give for free when you activate in store.  YMMV.  However, if you activate in store, you will not qualify for the $25 referral bonus promotion.  

If you review your phone plan at Mobile shop, you can get 1000 PC points, which is equivalent to $1.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darrencorpe wrote:

The price is $10. Some stores might have their own in-store deal that has nothing to do with Public Mobile. Sometimes PM will do a promo where you can get a free SIM but that's not on right now.

Need Help? Let's chat.