cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge & Missed Opportunity

NLST
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why was a full monthly payment (no rebates) charge on my credit card on the day I activated my plan, i.e., yesterday?

Also, why wasn't I eligible for the 5GB promotion?  Apparently, my email address wasn't recognized; an email address is an email address.

3 REPLIES 3

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@NLST 

Well lots of scenarios here.

When did you activate? 

Did you enter your email in the promo link to be eligible for the 2nd free month and 5 gigs before activating?

If you did and you just activated. You get the credit for 2nd month and 5 gigs within 30 days of activation. Not immediately.

What rewards are you talking about? Auto-pay by chance?For $2? .If you just activated. The system can't apply it automatically at signup. Within 72 hours a manual credit will be done to your account for $2 that will go towards 2nd payment. You should also see $2 in your My Rewards section. Which system will apply to your balance at next renewal date bringing the balance to $4. If you're eligible for 2nd payment free than the $4 will carry over to 3rd payment with another $2 bringing balance to $6. 

If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus that will also be applied to your balance within 72 hours of activation.

Let us know!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NLSTWhen you sign up, you always pay the full price for the first 30 day cycle.  However, IF you activate auto-pay during your setup, you will get a $2 credit in your account that can be used for future payments.  As for the 5GB promotion, these types of promos are usually applied to the account within the first few days after activating.

Lastly, there is a free givaway right now that can get you 2 additional GB of data plus some long distance minutes.  Just go to purchase add-ons from your self serve, and they will be listed with a $0 price.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@NLST wrote:

Why was a full monthly payment (no rebates) charge on my credit card on the day I activated my plan, i.e., yesterday?

Also, why wasn't I eligible for the 5GB promotion?  Apparently, my email address wasn't recognized; an email address is an email address.

@NLST       To be eligible you would need to meet the terms of the promotion and if you did then there's usually a wait timeline of upto 30 days before any bonus is credited to your account. 

Edit:  to your question on what you were charged, you always pay for the first 30 days of service and then the next 30 days would be free once the credit is added to your account to pay for the renewal cycle.

Here's the link to the promotion:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Boxing-Week-Savings-Get-your-second-mon...

Need Help? Let's chat.