cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to Koodo, PM account is being billed March 14, anyway to avoid the charge?

Esg876
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

As mentioned Im changing to Koodos plan and signed up online on Saturday. Im still waiting for the sim+verifcation, Im being charged on March 14 for $120, anyway to avoid being charged if Koodo is slow to send the sim?

11 REPLIES 11

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo, that is not a bad idea, but do you think that would ultimately void the migration offer? I think there could be a bit of risk there.

I think Tel Us needs to really stop all this complete utter nonsense.

It's now becoming more like a Circus, and Koodo Reps telling PPL PM is going down the Drain and that, it's evident that this is more like confusion and heartache, and PPL thinking what's the big deal, yet we're paying a big deal, and Games are being played here, which is CERTAINLY Not as funny.

My Opinion, Why NOT Rename Tel Us Public Mobile and then have Telus Public, and Public Koodo, and that I think might just save PPL the Confusion, Unless we need to call 1-800-96Jerry, and Tel Us about it

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Watoko  why not futuredate a plan change to a 30 day talk/text/minimal data  plan.   else you will be paying double sim card and  you still get the 100 referal?

Watoko

@will13amwrote:

@Watokowrote:

If I were you, I would just get it done at a Koodo kiosk. You could get that done on the spot and then not have to worry about being charged for your next renewal.

Online order was a necessary condition to receiving the $100 referral reward.  TBH, things would be a lot smoother if it were not for the broken processes at Koodo.  They don't allow customers to change SIM card numbers, so effectively self serve activation which most of us are so familiar here is not available there.

Yeah, if I was in OP's situation though, I would just take the -$75 loss and get it transferred immediately, given that PM doesn't give refunds. Better still being up $25 from referral than -$120 from plan renewal.

My renewal is coming up by the end of this week, so if I don't get any progress from the online order, I'll be visiting a kiosk.

@Watokowrote:

If I were you, I would just get it done at a Koodo kiosk. You could get that done on the spot and then not have to worry about being charged for your next renewal.

Online order was a necessary condition to receiving the $100 referral reward.  TBH, things would be a lot smoother if it were not for the broken processes at Koodo.  They don't allow customers to change SIM card numbers, so effectively self serve activation which most of us are so familiar here is not available there.

Watoko

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ludditewrote:

Wonder_why's suggestion on March 15. Otherwise, consider surviving with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

@Luddite most peeps waited for the last mins Cat Happy

I have give out my referral codes, no one have activated the codes yet, waiting for last mins LOL

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Esg876wrote:

Hi,

As mentioned Im changing to Koodos plan and signed up online on Saturday. Im still waiting for the sim+verifcation, Im being charged on March 14 for $120, anyway to avoid being charged if Koodo is slow to send the sim?

You won't even be able to log back in to your account, so it is very unlikely that you will be charged for an account / number you no longer have with PM.

Koodo is being kind of slow on shipments.  I placed on order last Tuesday, and it now  being nearly Monday, I still haven't heard anything about shipment or had any contact from them.  I've since asked them to cancel the order (decided to stay at Public).   Anyone who takes a look at the website now will notice that they have posted a message saying that things could take 10 business days (or longer). 

I'm uncertain as to as to how important uninterrupted service is to you, but keep in mind that your service must be active - ( can't be plan expired or account suspended) to port your number out to Koodo.  At the very least, I would change to some type of 30 day plan now (assuming you don't think there's any possible way that you'd ever change your mind about switching), and have it auto setup to take effect the start of the next billing cycle that starts in a few days.  That way, any such plan fees that are lost when you are port out are minimized.  I can only hope that any Koodo backlog is cleared within the next 30 days so you don't have to go through this dilema again.

@Esg876 Turn off autopay. Call Koodo to discover your expected delivery.

If you can't live without service follow Wonder_why's suggestion on March 15. Otherwise, consider surviving with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Esg876wrote:

Hi,

@Esg876 try to removed your credit card info at yout PM account first, if still don't received your Koodo sim by then, change your plan to talk only, I believe cost you $20 for 30 day

Need Help? Let's chat.