cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plans

Pizzapans
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can you change plans anytime through the month or does it have to be done at the end of the 30 day period?

7 REPLIES 7

Remember, by paying for a 30 or 90 day 'prepaid' plan, you use it, or you lose it.

If you decide on day 2 your plan isn't right, you can change it that day, and pay immediately for another plan.  Yay!  I got the right plan now. Oh, wait.. boo.. I lost money 😞

IOh, I don't want this plan, but I can wait to the next renewal, so I'll pick option two, 'change on next renewal'.  Set it, and forget it.

@Pizzapans wrote:

That's great flexibility. Thanks.

I would argue that it isn't as flexible as it could be.  The way that there is no proration causes you to lose whatever you have paid is a restriction.  It means that Public Mobile would get to keep money that you've already paid and not provide any service for the remainder of the payment and plan.

The ability to change the plan at renewal time allows you to lock in a promotional plan, but ideally if Public Mobile offered proration, that ability wouldn't be needed.

Pizzapans

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

Pizzapans

That's great flexibility. Thanks.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can tell it to change any time, but you are better of selecting for it to change on your next cycle (you don't have to do it on your last day, if you set it earlier it will do it automatically). If you don't mind throwing away any remaining service, you can of course instantly change it.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Pizzapans wrote:

Can you change plans anytime through the month or does it have to be done at the end of the 30 day period?

You can change it anytime you want, but you won't get a refund for what you've already paid, and you lose whatever features remain in your current plan.  It's alway best to future date to the plan you would like to change to which will allow for the change to take place on your renewal date.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Pizzapans wrote:

@Pizzapans  You have a choice for a plan change to take effect immediately or on your next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.