cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plan when you currently receive a discount

CellAid
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello,
A few months back I signed up with the $35 data/talk/text plan and its been great.  There was a promo on at the time and I receive $10 off/month (for the first 6 months of service).  I want to switch to the $25 data/talk/text plan because that will be perfect for me.  I'm wondering if I change plans now if that ten dollar discount for my remaining months would disappear?  Also, I read somewhere about the timing on changing a plan.  When should you switch over during the month?  Some people loose out on almost a full month of data it seems.  

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cavemantoronto wrote:

I would wait until after the $10 off promo has given you all $60.  The do the change.  People will say you might lose the $25 plan if no longer offered.  Public could raise price later anyways for people on that plan.  So stick with the cheaper plan for you now.

@CellAidas your plan is 35 with a 10 dollar reduction, it comes to 25 dollars.  In the end, it's the same cost as the desired plan.  If the new $25 plan is suitable for you, I would switch plan on your next cycle.  This would ensure you get the plan and you're not really losing on anything as you were basically paying the same fee.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

I would wait until after the $10 off promo has given you all $60.  The do the change.  People will say you might lose the $25 plan if no longer offered.  Public could raise price later anyways for people on that plan.  So stick with the cheaper plan for you now.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CellAid wrote:

Hello,
A few months back I signed up with the $35 data/talk/text plan and its been great.  There was a promo on at the time and I receive $10 off/month (for the first 6 months of service).  I want to switch to the $25 data/talk/text plan because that will be perfect for me.  I'm wondering if I change plans now if that ten dollar discount for my remaining months would disappear?  Also, I read somewhere about the timing on changing a plan.  When should you switch over during the month?  Some people loose out on almost a full month of data it seems.  

Thanks in advance

@CellAid You have more data and in your current plan for sure. You don't want to miss out the $10 special at the moment. It is much as better for you to change until the 7th cycle (no more discount) to lower your plan to $25. 

Just to make sure you are not "change the plan NOW". You lose your money and not used data right away if you do so. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@CellAid wrote:

Hello,

Thanks in advance

@CellAid

The terms state you need to be on a $30 or+ plan to stay on the $10 promotion. If you switch to a $25 plan you don't keep the promotion.

You want to "future date" the changes, not "change plan now" so it will switch at your next renewal and you will lose nothing

Need Help? Let's chat.