cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing payment date to the 2nd of the month

qberry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I searched for this but I am just not 100% sure with what I read. I just signed up and my renew date is on the 17th of each month.  I am currently on the $25 Talk and Text plan. I am interested in the new $40 4.5 gig data unlimited talk/text plan. If I switch to this plan on the 2nd of the month, instead of waiting for the next due date on the 17th of the month. Will my new due date be on the 2nd of the month moving forward?  Sorry if it seems obvious. I need the renew date to be on the 2nd of each month.

11 REPLIES 11

qberry

yeah thanks i got it from all the other people who let me know. And I actually don't need to be 2nd every month but within the first week is good enough.

There's no point in trying to change your monthly billing date because those don't exist here at Public Mobile.  Your payment for plan renewals will be due on different dates for some months.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LEGO wrote:

EDIT: Yes @srlawren, I understand this! Woman Embarassed

@LEGO hehe Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@LEGO wrote:

@qberry Your new due date becomes the 2nd of the next month.

@LEGO hopefully you've noted from the subsequent replies in this thread that this isn't necessarily true, depending on the number of days in the month.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

You can make manually payments whenenecer you like. I used to put 30 every month on my credit card to avoid a 120 every 90 days.

The only issue with this method if you decide to leave public your added funds will be lost.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@qberry wrote:

Hi, I searched for this but I am just not 100% sure with what I read. I just signed up and my renew date is on the 17th of each month.  I am currently on the $25 Talk and Text plan. I am interested in the new $40 4.5 gig data unlimited talk/text plan. If I switch to this plan on the 2nd of the month, instead of waiting for the next due date on the 17th of the month. Will my new due date be on the 2nd of the month moving forward?  Sorry if it seems obvious. I need the renew date to be on the 2nd of each month.

The plans here are 30 days not monthly so it won't be the same day each month for your payment.  My suggestion rather than renewing on the 2nd instead of the 17th because you would then lose the remaining amount of your current plan with pro-rating for the new plan. 

My suggestion would be to even with autopay still enabled to keep the autpay reward if it isn't to hard to go out and purchase a payment voucher on the 2nd of each month you could then add that to your Available funds and on the 17th your payment would come out of that money.  This way you aren't losing out on any of your plan and you can still make a "payment" on the second when you wanted to.  Now if picking up vouchers isn't easy and more trouble I am not sure if you could just add funds directly from your credit card on the 2nd, you should be able to.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

qberry

awesome, thank you for this. Wow this community is super fast and helpful Thanks!

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Payment dates will always fluxuate.  Plans are always 30 or 90 day cycles.  Only 4 months have exactly 30 days.

Good news, you can top up early if you wish, or you can delay payment a few days *if you can go without service* briefly.

qberry

ahhh, ok makes sense thank you! that's pretty much where I need the payment date to be just after the 1st of each month.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@qberry Your new due date becomes the 2nd of the next month.

EDIT: Yes @srlawren, I understand this! Woman Embarassed

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you renew on the 2Nd your renewal will be on the 2Nd but it won't stay there because the plan is not monthly it is per 30 days. So the renewal date will change to the 2nd plus 30 days 

Need Help? Let's chat.