cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my PM Community User Name

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

I was hoping to change my user name on the Community but don’t want to loss my bravos, points etc. After searching on the Community, it looks like I have to contact the PM mediator. The mediator indicated that I can change it by clicking on my circle icon>setting>change user name.

But there isn’t an option for changing User Name.

Am I missing something? Can someone point me in the right direction?

26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS wrote:

EDIT:  @BKNS27   would you like me to remove/edit your prior username from my reply yesterday?

Abracadabra hey presto done. Tagged mentions of those usernames get changed. esjliv manually typed the old name. As I often do too.

@BKNS27 

Be sure to ask for that review link so pm can learn what a great job Eddy did for you. Hopefully good reviews for a moderator eventually get reflected in their pay packet.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@RosieR wrote:

@BKNS27 good to know your community username has been changed to what you prefer.  Yay!

Please note that the PM rep Eddy is called moderator.

Best wishes

RosieR

@RosieR    Hopefully, that will eventually change from a PM Moderator to Customer Service Representative (or CSR) sometime soon.  I'd have thought PM has had more than ample time since they asked for responses to change that term in their survey a few weeks back.

@BKNS27    Good to hear you got your username sorted out by the moderator so quickly.

Thanks for the update @BKNS27.

(& for the solution)  😉

EDIT:  @BKNS27   would you like me to remove/edit your prior username from my reply yesterday?

@BKNS27 good to know your community username has been changed to what you prefer.  Yay!

Please note that the PM rep Eddy is called moderator.

Best wishes

RosieR

Thanks for everybody for helping me change my user name on this Community. I did what @HALIMACS suggested and Eddy the Mediator changed my user name right away with all the security questions.

My new user name is BKNS27.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had excellent results from Eddy on more than one occasion.

@HALIMACS wrote:

Andu is a senior moderator?   Good to know this... i'll have to take that one under advisement with respect to a completely unrelated matter.   🤔

I wouldn't know if different moderators have different titles or responsibilities, but I can say that I from what I recall, Andu, Silvio, and Oana (and I'm sure others who I don't remember off the top of my head) have been around since the team handles the moderator duties was changed back in early 2019. 

@darlicious wrote:

@BKNS27 

Newbie.....not you the moderator. Sometimes you have to say thank you for help I understand perfectly. Please enjoy your evening and feel free to send me a review link.

Then either open a new ticket or wait for the shift change at about 9pm pst and send a new private message. Chances are you will get Andu who is a senior moderator and will fix you up in a jiffy! Then ask for a review link from him. Fill it out and then you can go back and properly rate your original interaction with the other moderator who needs to learn only they can change a community profile name and properly change your self serve accounts email. ( Not that you asked about that but the moderator was wrong on that one too!)

@darlicious 

Andu is a senior moderator?   Good to know this... i'll have to take that one under advisement with respect to a completely unrelated matter.   🤔

@BKNS27 

The instructions that you were inititally given by the moderators were actually fairly accurate if you actually had access to that option. The moderator was likley looking at the options in the Community as the moderators sees them. However, some of those options are not available to all members. I can also see where the option is but in your account, it won't be there. There are different levels accounts in the Community and the moderators have access to options and abilities that aren't available to everyone.  The change of username option is one of those examples.

@BKNS27 

Newbie.....not you the moderator. Sometimes you have to say thank you for help I understand perfectly. Please enjoy your evening and feel free to send me a review link.

Then either open a new ticket or wait for the shift change at about 9pm pst and send a new private message. Chances are you will get Andu who is a senior moderator and will fix you up in a jiffy! Then ask for a review link from him. Fill it out and then you can go back and properly rate your original interaction with the other moderator who needs to learn only they can change a community profile name and properly change your self serve accounts email. ( Not that you asked about that but the moderator was wrong on that one too!)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel wrote:

@BKNS27 just use SIMon to contact a mod and use the "no service" to create a ticket. that mod doesn't know what they're talking about... this happened to me before. I think it was a mod through private message and not through SIMon. 

No. That's cheating. Crying wolf and all that. Those people getting sim-jacked wouldn't appreciate being bumped down the queue for false alarms.

@BKNS27 just use SIMon to contact a mod and use the "no service" to create a ticket. that mod doesn't know what they're talking about... this happened to me before. I think it was a mod through private message and not through SIMon. 

@BKNS27 

You might also copy a PM staffer on your request if the Moderator continues to misjudge your seemingly simple request.

As a learned & wise girl on this forum likes to say, Mods are very much YMMV.

@HALIMACS Thanks for your advice, I will give this a try and see what happens.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@esjliv I am getting the same mediator with the same answer but I have asked for another mediator to help me. Waiting for a reply.

Hi @BKNS27 

Make it this clear to them (and for importance/effect, add a security purpose for the request):

"Hi Moderator, for personal security reasons, I must change my Community username which is currently Beverley2658 to (insert new username request here).

I was told by the Community members that only Moderators can do this.  

Please do this for me.   If you cannot, please consult with a senior Moderator or Public Mobile staff to assist with this request"

@BKNS27 wrote:

I was hoping to change my user name on the Community but don’t want to loss my bravos, points etc. After searching on the Community, it looks like I have to contact the PM mediator. The mediator indicated that I can change it by clicking on my circle icon>setting>change user name.

Being a relatively new user, I would consider opening a new Community account. The e-mail address on the Community account that you're using now can be changed to something else. For your new Community account, ensure that you're using the same e-mail address as your self serve account for Community reward purposes. As for Community "points", you'd only be losing the contriibutions that you've made since the start of March (February's contriibutions don't factor into the next month's rewards). 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Then I would say to him fine then...please activate the option to do so where you say it is. I'd be happy to do it myself and not bother you about it.

@esjliv I am getting the same mediator with the same answer but I have asked for another mediator to help me. Waiting for a reply.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@esjliv I replied to the pm from the mediator 3 times but it seems they think I want to change my email.

I will wait and see if any of the mediators can help me.

Ah, @BKNS27 , I think they are confused. It can happen.

You can change your email yourself on your Community Account (you probably already know that).

Stick with it, you will get a Moderator who will get what you are asking.

"Community User Name = Beverley2658". Seems clear to me! 🙂

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv    I don't know about SIMon and why he gives that answer, but I can confirm that a Community username can be changed, but only through a moderator.

@esjliv I replied to the pm from the mediator 3 times but it seems they think I want to change my email.

I will wait and see if any of the mediators can help me.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 wrote:

@BKNS27 ,

Someone recently posted this also. When you ask SIMon it says this:

esjliv_0-1615251853108.png

But, I would still go back to the Moderators and ask them to do it. SIMon's response could be due to the user not being able to do it themselves.

And Moderators probably do not want to get inundated with this type of request. Although I think they should allow "us" to change it!

Hey, that could be fun...changing our user names. 😎

@BKNS27 , I agree with others. Go back to the Moderators and request this to be changed. They may say create a new one, but why?

If they can change it, you will not lose your bravos, etc. It will be linked to your account/email you have entered.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 : You're not missing anything. The mod is. Who knew. quelle surprise. (oh look French 🙂 ) They're the only ones that can change it.

Edit: Go back to them and say would you mind turning the option on for everybody.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 wrote:

@BKNS27    Only the moderators will be able to change your community username.  Not sure why they're advising you that you can do it yourself.  I would message them again to get it clarified.

Edit:  @BKNS27   Maybe the moderator is getting confused between the option to change your avatar and username? 

Need Help? Let's chat.