cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Phone Number

abbiwithers
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to transfer my phone number to my PC Mobile/ Koodo phone number. It keeps coming up saying that my phone number is not available. I would really like my old phone number. How do I go about changing it. 

12 REPLIES 12

@GinYVR wrote:

@darliciousthe problem with Koodo prepaid is that Public Mobile and Koodo Prepaid share the same database. When a Koodo prepaid customer transfers to Public Mobile that requires the customer to contact Public Mobile to transfer that record manually.

The Koodo Prepaid customer doesn't have to contact Koodo Prepaid to transfer the number to Public Mobile.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I knew there was extra help required just not on who's s part.

@darliciousthe problem with Koodo prepaid is that Public Mobile and Koodo Prepaid share the same database. When a Koodo prepaid customer transfers to Public Mobile that requires the customer to contact Public Mobile to transfer that record manually.

The Koodo Prepaid customer doesn't have to contact Koodo Prepaid to transfer the number to Public Mobile.

@BraydenIf it is a porting number situation the number has already been taken. There are some situations that porting number would require manual intervention during the "Check eligibility" section eg some business numbers.

Brayden
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If your number ain’t coming up it’s probably because it’s taken 

@Luddite wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

If you are trying to port in a koodo number you have to choose a temporary number keep your koodo number active then seek help from both koodo and pm to port it over to pm.

No help needed from Koodo, or any carrier, to transfer a number to PM.

Sorry was I wrong in this post? Not completely correct but there are issues with prepaid koodo  numbers. I just want to be correct in the future.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@abbiwithers , if you are trying to transfer a phone number to a different carrier, then you need to work with the receiving carrier.  Number transfer involves request from the receiving carrier.  If you are trying to port from a different carrier to Public Mobile and the sending carrier is Koodo prepaid or PC Mobile postpaid, then you need moderator team assistance as noted in this knowledge base article. The moderator team can be reached via private message using using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team.  Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions.  Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@abbiwithers wrote:

I am trying to transfer my phone number to my PC Mobile/ Koodo phone number. It keeps coming up saying that my phone number is not available. I would really like my old phone number. How do I go about changing it. 

Is the number you wish to port over currently active?  If it is on Koodo Prepaid you will need the moderators to assist in this and how to contact them has been stated below.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@darlicious wrote:

If you are trying to port in a koodo number you have to choose a temporary number keep your koodo number active then seek help from both koodo and pm to port it over to pm.

No help needed from Koodo, or any carrier, to transfer a number to PM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@abbiwithers wrote:

Please clarify:

a) do you have a Public Mobile account?

b) do you want to transfer a Koodo prepaid phone number to Public Mobile?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@abbiwithers wrote:

@abbiwithers 

PMContact.JPG

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Click on the ? in the lower right hand corner.. describe the issues to SIMon... once he replies type in submit ticket.. that should create a ticket that will be send to the moderators.. expect up to 48 hours for them to reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.