cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Outgoing Caller ID

Jawny
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I operate a business and Public Mobile is my service provider for the only phone associated with said business. Frequently, I have to call clients back who have left messages on my voicemail inquiring about my services.

I've had clients tell me they didn't pick up the phone when I called, as my business name does not appear on their incoming call and they were suspicious about who it was.

I'm afraid I might be losing some business as a result of this. Is there anything that can be done to set up a more recognizable outgoing caller ID?

Thank You

7 REPLIES 7

galaxysurfer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Your best bet here, as long as phone hardware specs will accommodate, is to use a Voip line for your business # where you can control contact info. How it would work is that you use a SIP app on your phone & sign into that account credentials via the app. This would allow you to use public mobile phone # for all personal calls & give you a "business" line with a different phone #. Services such as voipms or callcentric offer reasonably priced plans for your business use. This gives you a way to run multiple lines from phone. Other option is use a Oneplus phone as an example that lets you use 2 diff sim cards at same time. There are ways around your problem. It all depends on how much expenses you are willing to rack up to support your business. Sometimes it is better to spend than lose potential business due to being too cheap. As say goes... " It is better to be Penny wise than Pound foolish."  NP there is how much data your voip calls take up.  Just need to use a plan with sufficient data in it.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

Public Mobile is a prepaid provider (belonging to the same family as Koodo and Telus).

Typically you can set or change your Caller ID with traditional landlines or monthly postpaid plans only.

It's not even a matter of postpaid or prepaid. Telus does not transmit outgoing name informaiton for any of it's cellular brands. Big 3-wise, neither does Bell. Mobile industry-wise, it's really just pretty much Rogers and Fido that do.

+1.  Only big red has name display.  

@LovesToPM wrote:

Public Mobile is a prepaid provider (belonging to the same family as Koodo and Telus).

Typically you can set or change your Caller ID with traditional landlines or monthly postpaid plans only.

It's not even a matter of postpaid or prepaid. Telus does not transmit outgoing name informaiton for any of it's cellular brands. Big 3-wise, neither does Bell. Mobile industry-wise, it's really just pretty much Rogers and Fido that do.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Jawny hi public does not have outgoing caller ID only the phone number

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Jawny 

You cannot change your outgoing called id.

As far as I know, only your phone number is displayed.

@LovesToPM   You're right, PM only displays the number for outgoing calls 😊 

@Jawny 
anyone you call will need your name attached to your number in their phone's contact list to see who's calling.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Jawny 

You cannot change your outgoing called id.

As far as I know, only your phone number is displayed.

Need Help? Let's chat.