cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed plan now I can't make calls

Niveks73
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just changed my plan from the $40 to the $35 as I am not using much data. And now I am unale to make calls. It says I do not have talk on my plan. However the change hasn't taken affect yet till my next billing cycle and regardless the plan has talk. I have put a service ticket in but need to be able to make calls as this is a phone I use for work. How long generally before support will respond? 

7 REPLIES 7

Niveks73

Thanks everyone. It started working without me doing anything. It was giving me issues for about an hour. 

jsmarjara

Can you check if you are receiving calls and text to make sure your account is active 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Niveks73 wrote:

I just changed my plan from the $40 to the $35 as I am not using much data. And now I am unale to make calls. It says I do not have talk on my plan. However the change hasn't taken affect yet till my next billing cycle and regardless the plan has talk. I have put a service ticket in but need to be able to make calls as this is a phone I use for work. How long generally before support will respond? 

@Niveks73  Doesn't sound like the problem is related to the plan change since you chose the option to take effect on your next renewal.

What happens if you call 611 from your device?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Niveks73 So, you haven't actually changed your plan yet? You set it up in my account to change over on your next billing cycle.

@Niveks73 wrote:

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Niveks73 

On a side note...if you don't use that much data... you're paying an extra $10 for only 500mb extra of data if you have auto-pay setup.

$35 plan is 1.5 GB (1gb plus 500 mb extra with autopay)

$25 plan is 1 GB (500mb plus 500 mb extra with autopay)

Something to consider.

Due take note you just have to have a card on file for auto-pay. Plus auto-pay also gives $2 discount every 30 days.

You do not have to pay that way if you top up with vouchers just as long as it's on file to get the auto-pay bonus data and discount.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

It could take 24/ 48 hours for moderators response.

However have you logged into your self serve account to see what your account status says?

Have you tried rebooting your phone?

What exactly is the message it tells you?

Does anything work? Calls in? Calls out? Text in / out? Data?

Are you trying to call someone in Canada or somewhere else?

Did you try putting a 1 infront of number?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

It's been pretty fast a couple of hours when I needed help. Have you rebooted your phone since you changed the plan @Niveks73 ?

@Niveks73 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.