cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed phone number

Simpasjelagrace
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, i changed my phone number but now the new number it doesnt work. Wat shud i do?

11 REPLIES 11

knapper
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@RobertQc wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@knapper wrote:

I have not seen a moderator post or solution since Friday, not sure the weekend hours are accurate for Thanksgiving...

They are working and will be tomorrow as well. Just because they aren't posting here didn't mean they aren't available or working. They actually don't post in the community that often most communication is through private messages

^^^ THIS!!!!

Also, if you click my profile I have added some of the moderators to my friends list, which allows me to see their online status, and I can see right now not all of the moderators are offline.

I stand corrected...

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@knapper wrote:

I have not seen a moderator post or solution since Friday, not sure the weekend hours are accurate for Thanksgiving...

They are working and will be tomorrow as well. Just because they aren't posting here didn't mean they aren't available or working. They actually don't post in the community that often most communication is through private messages

^^^ THIS!!!!

Also, if you click my profile I have added some of the moderators to my friends list, which allows me to see their online status, and I can see right now not all of the moderators are offline.

@knapper wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@knapper wrote:

The moderators are working weekends and holidays.

Just because they are not visible on the public side of the community doesn't mean they are not working hard on that back log of private messages. Current response time is in the 48 hour range.

knapper

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crystalholtby78, if you changed your plan by mistake, you have a couple of choices. A- you can set up a future dated plan change, and change it back at the next renewal date (assuming the plan you had is currently still available). B- you can send a private message to the moderator team, explain what happened, and ask them if they might be able to change it back for you.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

crystalholtby78
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I need to change my number and when I top up 50 dollar I hit the wrong thing and change my plan anniversary date to 3 and not the 8

johnny5

Yesterday when I ported back to Public from Koodo, I had to pick a new number, then to port my original number it said I need to email a moderator.  

If you go on your main account page, there is a link to change your number.  You need your old account number to prove that you are owner.  I did that and voila, I had my old number back

Or speak to a moderator from Public.  They will fix

@Simpasjelagrace wrote:

I did press the change number in my account. Coz i need to change it. And now the phone number that i change it didn’t work. How long to activate the new phone number?

Did you reboot your phone?  If you are simply changing a number by selecting a new one, the change is immediate.  You just need to reboot the phone. 

Simpasjelagrace
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did press the change number in my account. Coz i need to change it. And now the phone number that i change it didn’t work. How long to activate the new phone number?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Simpasjelagrace, do you mean you did a number port?  If so, it can take a bit of time for the porting to complete.  Generally, you should allow up to 2 hours for a cellular number port.  If the port is still incomplete, then you need to contact the moderator team to investigate and resubmit the port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.