cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed number, now both numbers are "not in service"

fiio
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone!

Hope someone here can help me with this issue. I just activated a new SIM, everything was good. However, I changed my mind and attemped to change to a new number. Was able to do that with SelfServe. The page showed successful message.

Now I don't know how long it is required to complete the number changing but it's been nearly an hour and my new number is still "not in service". Should I keep waiting for a little longer or is there something wrong here?

Thanks,

Fiio.

17 REPLIES 17

vipul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have same problem with my number change. Do you receive any reply from modretor?

Pls help.

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would shut off the phone and then boot it back up again in a few hours and check first.  I would think that it won't be instantaneous as the system still has to process the change of number.  Also maybe pop the sim into another old phone that you don't use and then pop it back into your normal phone.  Sometimes phones are quirky like that.  But after all of that and it still won't work, you would likely need a Moderator.  Best of luck.

fiio

Thanks @sonejose. I rechecked everything, nothing seems out of order to me. Anyway, I already contacted the mods. Hopefully they can figure something out for me tomorrow.

fiio

@Dunkman wrote:

@fiio 

Technically, you can only change numbers every 30 days.  Not sure whether PM considers activating a new number as the 1st change of number.  Might have messed things up.....

Moderators can help.  Hopefully, it will just start working overnight since moderator response will not be until tomorrow morning. 

Ohhhh! This is really good to know. Looks like I should contact the moderators then. Thanks for the help.

@fiio wrote:

Actually, I didn't port the number from a different provider. My plan was to register a new number with PM so I bought the SIM card and activated choosing a new number. But then I wanted to change the number to a different one. That is when the issue started.

@fiio Ok,  power down your device remove the sim wait 15 minutes then reinsert the sim power up your device and check to see if your device is connecting to the PM network. If not, then submit a ticket to PM and ask them to reset your account.

fiio

@geopublic wrote:

@fiio  so you just activated and during activation you setup a port of your number from your previous provider correct? Then you changed your mind and decided to pick a PM number?

If that is what happened then best to contact the PM moderators, explain what happened and ask them to either cancel your port or reset you account. To submit a ticket do the following:

stpm-new.png

Good luck!!

Thanks @geopublic for the suggestion. I'll probably do that.

@fiio 

Technically, you can only change numbers every 30 days.  Not sure whether PM considers activating a new number as the 1st change of number.  Might have messed things up.....

Moderators can help.  Hopefully, it will just start working overnight since moderator response will not be until tomorrow morning. 

fiio

Actually, I didn't port the number from a different provider. My plan was to register a new number with PM so I bought the SIM card and activated choosing a new number. But then I wanted to change the number to a different one. That is when the issue started.

sonejose

Sometimes, there might be some error in the information that you have entered. I had did the sim porting and it was changed suddenly and now I am getting the best service through public mobile. Please recheck your information to solve this problem 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@fiio  so you just activated and during activation you setup a port of your number from your previous provider correct? Then you changed your mind and decided to pick a PM number?

If that is what happened then best to contact the PM moderators, explain what happened and ask them to either cancel your port or reset you account. To submit a ticket do the following:

stpm-new.png

Good luck!!

@fiio 

I would the suggest submitting a ticket to get moderator help.  Likely account provision issue.  

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

fiio

I did. Calling both numbers resulting in a "not in service" message.

SelfServe is correctly showing the new number after the change.

@fiio 

Maybe also check your PM self service account to see which phone number shows up in your profile area.  

Have you tried dialing both numbers from a different phone?

fiio

Correct. I just created a new number when activating the SIM card.

fiio

Thanks for replying.

Tried that a couple of times and still the same problem. Even tried removing and reinserting the SIM card.

What's odd is that my phone is still showing the old number from SIM.

Screenshot_20191203-214520.png

And the number change has nothing to do with porting in a number from a previous carrier, correct?

AE_Collector

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@fiio 

Maybe try to reboot your phone.  Changing number should be quick.  

Need Help? Let's chat.