cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed Plan, But Billed For Both The Old & New One

Sabo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there.

I recently changed my plan from the 30 days to 90 days option.  The change was on the date of automatic renewal, so I believe I should've recieved a credit for the amount already deducted.

Would a moderator be able to give me a hand?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Sabo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was given the appropriate credit and confirmed with the mods that indeed, the plan change needs to take place prior to the renewal date for the billing to be accurate.

Thanks for the heads-up.

@Sabowrote:

Hi there.

I recently changed my plan from the 30 days to 90 days option.  The change was on the date of automatic renewal, so I believe I should've recieved a credit for the amount already deducted.

Would a moderator be able to give me a hand?

Thanks

If you told the system to automatically change your plan at next renewal, it's not really that you should have been credited the price of the first/old plan, but rather you should have never been charged it to begin with.

If you manually did the reqeuest on the same day as your renewal, sadly, this is how the billing system works.  If you had already been charged for/have paid for a new billing cycle of the old plan, Public Mobile's billing computer does not process it as a prorated price plan change.  It sees it as you forgoing the entire month of the old plan and deciding to renew early on the new plan.  For this type of transaction to have gone through relatively trouble-free, you would have had to do the manual plan change at least the day before (you would still "lose" the rest of the plan that you paid for up until the end of that last day).

I see that a moderator has asked you about this situation, and I do suspect that they should be able to do something for you.  But , please keep in mind that IF did do a plan change on the same day as your renewal and you told the plan change to take effect immediately, this exact same scenario will happen every time.

If you had set the new plan change to take effect only at the start of your next renwal (future dating), by all means, insist on a refund of the charges for the first plan.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@Sabo, Hi there! Sorry for the trouble with the change of rate plans. 
For assistance, can you please send us a private message along with your phone# and PIN#? 
Here is the link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 . Thank you! 

Need Help? Let's chat.