cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the existing plan

Lubo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My current plan was renewed today automatically  but I wanted to upgrade to a different plan. How do I do that? I want to make sure that I am reimbursed for the $15 which is my current plan - that was taken automatically -and then I will pay $25 for the new plan. Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Nope, it does not work that way.

You have two options: change plan Now - which is NOT good option for you as you would be paying for two plans.

Option two: schedule plan change on next renewal. So after 30 days of 'struggling' with $35 plan you will seamlessly switch to $40 Plan on next renewal. I hope you are on autopay so then you do not have to worry about payment (unless autopay fails 😞 )

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lubo    Sorry, you won't be able to pay the difference and would need to add the full amount for the upgrade to change plans immediately, although most would recommend that you Change at Next Renewal instead to not lose the funds/features already paid for since PM doesn't prorate/refund.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Lubo hi you will need to go into your account and change at next renewel unfortunately you can't just add 5 dollars now

Lubo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, i would like to upgrade my current plan to $40 but I was just charged $35 on May 29th for my current plan. Can I just pay the difference of $5 now or do I have to wait until the next payment cycle and upgrade the plan to $40 before June 28? Please let me know. Thank you!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you don't want to lose your money you have 3 options,

1. contact moderators and ask them really nicely if they could do it for you

2. Use up what you purchased, so when you exhaust your 100 outgoing and 250m of data buy new plan

3.  Schedule change for your renewal date and try to fit all your use in it. Rely more on wifi

If it is only about the outgoing minutes, install textnow they give you Canadian number with unlimited North America calls. Restrict the data and it will only use about 30 megs. 

If 250 is simply not enough, you will have to pick one of the first two options

Please note, the buttons and the payment top-up dialogue are now different from what they were not long ago.

ButtonsButtonsResult of pressing Top-UpResult of pressing Top-Up

The top-up button (on the left) will take you to a payment screen (on the right).

As I'm not in the mood to change my plan now (or ever it seems), I'm not going to click through to see what happens.

Best practice is as mentioned earlier, to change on next renewal (to not lose your current remaining services) unless you wish to change immediately.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Lubo wrote:

My current plan was renewed today automatically  but I wanted to upgrade to a different plan. How do I do that? I want to make sure that I am reimbursed for the $15 which is my current plan - that was taken automatically -and then I will pay $25 for the new plan. Thanks 

To change plans, log into My Account / My Plan and look for the Change Plan button. You can select the new plan you want. You'll be given the option to change immediately or at your next renewal. If you change right away, you'll lose whatever time and data is in your current plan.

If you change at renewal, you won't be billed until then.

If you want you can follow previous advise and send a message to moderator and they might be willing to do something for you...but be aware the response times to hear back have been increasing to 48 - 72 hours lately.

Good luck whatever you do.

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lubo Don't change your plan now or else you will lose the amount your plan renewed at, and then you will be charged the new plan.  It's your responsiblity if you want to change your plan to do it before your renewal date. You can go into your account to change your plan and select upon the next renewal date so you aren't double charged.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lubo, customers can make plan changes in the self serve.  They have the option to make the change effective immediately and forfeit the remainder of the current paid interval or make the change effective on the next renewal.  If you missed the deadline to do the change, you could enter the change for the new renewal.  There is an option to seek a goodwill change from the moderator team.  However, you need to recognize that this is a prepaid service and refunds are not mandatory per terms of service.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Lubo hi plan changes should be done for next renwell or you will be charged/lose your money for current cycle there is no prorating for your current cycle you will forfiet the balance sorry

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.