Did you mean: 

Change phone number

AmandaBrooke
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Steps to change phone number? 

21 REPLIES 21

dkr

I just changed my number from XXX to YYY but as of now both the numbers are not working, when i call up older number, i hear the tone that shows phone's ringing but the Real Phone is not ringing (i am just hearing that tone), when i dial the newer number it says UM2 this is not a valid number and then magically i again hear the ringing-tone which falsely shows phones ringing but again the Real Phone does not ring. kind of fools people to think the phones ringing and this dude is not picking up, when actually there is no Real Phone Ring...

So as of now i have no working number, it been about 45 minutes... too long 45 minutes

When i change the number i should atleast get warning that this might take some time...

• If you are transferring from a Koodo prepaid plan you will need to select a new number at activation, create a Community account, and then send a private message to our Moderator Team here to complete the transfer to Public Mobile.

@Awesme444   click here, expect up to 48 hours for a reply!  Could be sooner!   You can keep using your Koodo Sim until the port is complete.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Awesme444
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It’s Koodo how do I reach moderator team

@Awesme444 so you're trying to port a number?  From which carrier?   If it's Koodo prepaid you'll have to message the moderator_team, if it's any other you should be able to do it in the self serve 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Awesme444 wrote:

It says unable to transfer number 

If you're coming from Koodo prepaid then you'll need moderator assistance. The source also needs to be active.

Awesme444

It says unable to transfer number 

@Awesme444  it should be when you log in to your self serve account on the right of the page it says change number 

Awesme444

Change phone number not under my profile 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi Amanda,

I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, but we can surely help you find a solution

In order to do so, can you send us a private message via the Community? Please click on this link: https://goo.gl/JnHqMR

Remember that you need to be logged in your Community account, to be able to send a message. If you are still not registered, you can click here https://goo.gl/7Z88Sb and go to "Sign in" then on "New User? Register here."

Sincerely,
Public Mobile Team.

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AmandaBrooke wrote:

I desperately need to change my number (to avoid a stalker)...and I’m not able to sign in to my account! My email was originally entered with a spelling mistake so it doesn’t exist and I don’t have the password for that... What is the fastest way to get the help in the private messages? From what I understand there’s nothing anyone can do otherwise.

@AmandaBrooke 

I would hope "Amanda Brooke" is a fake name you're using for this forum, if you're really being stalked!

@AmandaBrooke, i've merged these two threads together as they are both about trying to change your phone number.

Using an incorrect e-mail address shouldn't prevent you from logging in, and the password would be the same as when it was set up, although you wouldn't be able do a password reset.

You'll need to contact Moderator_Team as mentioned earlier to correct the e-mail address and to restore account access. You'll have to go through some steps to prove to them that this is your account.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AmandaBrooke wrote:

Lol thanks.. it’s said to ask questions for points , so I did 🤷🏼‍♀️

@AmandaBrooke also, pro-top:  don't tell people you're posting for the rewards.  It's definitely frowned upon.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

AmandaBrooke

I desperately need to change my number (to avoid a stalker)...and I’m not able to sign in to my account! My email was originally entered with a spelling mistake so it doesn’t exist and I don’t have the password for that... What is the fastest way to get the help in the private messages? From what I understand there’s nothing anyone can do otherwise.

AmandaBrooke

I def. did not mean to assign my post as a solution. @RossN  had the solution. Thx for correcting. 👌🏼

@AmandaBrooke wrote:

Please don't mark your own messages as solutions. I've reassigned the solution to the person who answered your question.  You'll also find that it's much appreciated when members focus on the quality of content posted.

@AmandaBrooke No prob Smiley LOL

AmandaBrooke

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@AmandaBrooke you go into your account and pick change number  directly under my profile

Need Help? Let's chat.