cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of number

Naomicreation
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone was disconnected when  I left out of country and didnt use my phone for a few months. I bought a new SIM and activated it. However i would like to get back my old number. 

I sure would like to know how. I have used that number on a number of documents and would like to avoid any inconvenience. I would like to know if it is still available

6 REPLIES 6

Naomicreation
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks will do. 

If it was originally a Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile number you *might* have luck by nicely pleading your case with the PM moderators...

@Naomicreation 

If the number was a telus phone number and your account was deactivated less than 90 days and is not yet reassigned......then everyday when you get up in the morning cycle thru the available numbers in the change number feature in your account until you find it. @kselmak has some experience with this method to successfully recover a phone number.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

@Naomicreation wrote:

My phone was disconnected when  I left out of country and didnt use my phone for a few months. I bought a new SIM and activated it. However i would like to get back my old number. 

I sure would like to know how. I have used that number on a number of documents and would like to avoid any inconvenience. I would like to know if it is still available

If it was originally from the Telus family then there's a slight chance of getting it back. Have you tried calling the number? If anyone answers then it's gone.

You would have to deal with the originating provider if it's not from the Telus family.

@Naomicreation When you activated, did you search last 4 digits to see if it's there?  Since you've activated, there's no way to serach for numbers any more. If the number is not in  service by using the suggestion of calliing it, you'll have to ask moderators if they can assign it. https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat to the mods.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Naomicreation wrote:

If it was originally from the Telus family then there's a slight chance of getting it back. Have you tried calling the number? If anyone answers then it's gone.

You would have to deal with the originating provider if it's not from the Telus family.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

After an account is not active for 90 days and no payment has been made to make it active the account is closed & deleted and number goes back into the available pool.

It's likely gone by now. Have you tried calling it to see if anyone answers?

Need Help? Let's chat.