cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change my number??

J21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Change my phone number to where I live. VANCOUVER BC. The sales lady gave me a long distance number when she signed me up Oct. 28/20. I noticed it the day after and have been trying to get it changed cause I am getting charged long distance. UNFAIR!! Friends calling me are seeing Vernon BC on my  phone number. Do you need my account number???? Frustrated.

3 REPLIES 3

@J21  Vernon BC... so maybe some confusion thinking that any 778 area code was local... You probably have one of these prefixes: ‌‌‌‌778-212, 778-691, 778-789 - the only Vernon Telus Mobility rate centres not in 250:

Anyhow, when looking for a number local to Vancouver using the selfserve instructions previously provided there are a few cities to search under if you don't want a 236 or 672 area code. When I checked a few months ago, "BC-ALDERGROVE" might present a 778, or even a 604 when I checked just now!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@J21  There are no additional fees after you paid for your plan. Public Mobile is a prepaid service. They don't charge long distance fees. If for example you had to call USA. You can't just use your phone and call a USA number (unless you're on $50) plan which includes USA calling. They wouldn't let you call unless you bought long distance calling add-on.

So your statement saying you were charged long distance is not possible.

As for your number being local and not long distance. You can't go just by area code.

Check the CNAC website for what city your number is in.

It's the numbers after that, that determine what citing you're in. Example 514-xxx-1234 the xxx is the city the number is from.

To change your number public mobile allows one change per 30 days.

Orange arrow on picture below.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@J21 wrote:

Change my phone number to where I live. VANCOUVER BC. The sales lady gave me a long distance number when she signed me up Oct. 28/20. I noticed it the day after and have been trying to get it changed cause I am getting charged long distance. UNFAIR!! Friends calling me are seeing Vernon BC on my  phone number. Do you need my account number???? Frustrated.

changesim.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.