cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change back to the number I chose

Kidmui
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I just got my mom a new number. When I first registered, I got a specific number that she likes. But after activating, there was something wrong about the area code or something that I can't call her using my own number (i.e. same province same city). It was suggested to me that I change her number to a different area code so that the number works. But after changing it, my mom told me that she really like the original number that she chose. I was wondering if I can go back to that number. Please help.

4 REPLIES 4

Kidmui
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. It looks like I will not be able to get the number back because I am seeing a totally different pool of numbers when I log in and try to change the number in the self-serve account (i.e. a totally different area code). I guess I will have to continue to try my luck and search for the "best" number for my mom.

In fact, she is looking for a specific number for the last 4 digits. I wonder if I can still contact the moderators to help with the search.

@Jessica_T wrote:

@Kidmui wrote:

Hi, I just got my mom a new number. When I first registered, I got a specific number that she likes. But after activating, there was something wrong about the area code or something that I can't call her using my own number (i.e. same province same city). It was suggested to me that I change her number to a different area code so that the number works. But after changing it, my mom told me that she really like the original number that she chose. I was wondering if I can go back to that number. Please help.

@KidmuiLog into self serve and navigate to plans and addons then click change phone number. FInd the selection city that provided the same area code and first 3 digits of the number. You may get lucky with enough persistence if the number has not already been assigned and taken to a different user. 

Unfortunately, there is no way for the user to the get number back himself/herself.  When a phone number is deactivated, it does not immediately go back into circulation, and thus it wouldn't be possible to select it again.  Further, as mentioned, customers are only allowed to change the phone number once during a 30 day period.

As you were saying, the customer could contact the moderators, but at this time, that's the only possible way to get this phone number back.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Kidmui, it is going to be extremely difficult to please your mom on this one.  First of all, each account is allowed only one number change every 30 days, no exceptions, not even with moderator team intervention.  A number that was previously selected and changed will go back into a pool that will not be available to select for some time by customers.  I suggest you wait out the 30 days and then private message the moderator team to see if the number can be retrieved from the system and added to your account.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Kidmui wrote:

@KidmuiLog into self serve and navigate to plans and addons then click change phone number. FInd the selection city that provided the same area code and first 3 digits of the number. You may get lucky with enough persistence if the number has not already been assigned and taken to a different user. 

While you attempt that contact our moderator team to see if they can manually switch it. The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.