cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Phone number

pavalavel21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I know that we can change our Phone number from the Self-serve login. But is there an option to enable Call forwarding from the Old to the new number for few days (without paying for the Old number) ?

Does Public mobile offer this kind of a service?

4 REPLIES 4

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@pavalavel21 

If you can somehow catch the old number with a new account (if it's pm number you can choose the same exchange and toggle between that exchange and the random one until you get first 3 numbers after area code then you can customize last 4 numbers.

Then you can port to fongo for 25.

You will not need to pay a cent for it every again (unless you want more services in it) you'll be able to use it with their app if you wish and you can forward it to most of Canadian numbers

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@pavalavel21 wrote:

Hi,

I know that we can change our Phone number from the Self-serve login. But is there an option to enable Call forwarding from the Old to the new number for few days (without paying for the Old number) ?

Change the number and the old one's gone. It's not yours after that.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

If you mean, change the the old number with a new number from within your self service /my account ,  and still foward it to the new number @pavalavel21 ? Then no, the new number will immediately replace the old one. 

@pavalavel21 wrote:

Hi,

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

No.

Need Help? Let's chat.