cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Phone number from Koodo

jharms
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,
So I went to change over my old number from Koodo (during registration it said to wait), and now when I went to change it, I was told to contact the community. So here I am :). Thanks to whoever is able to do something

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jharms 

You must be porting a Koodo prepaid number to PM.  PM and Koodo prepaid are using the same back-end. Therefore, the automated number porting system is treating the PM and Koodo prepaid as the same provider since they are sharing a back-end. This is the reason why the "Check eligibility" was giving you the error message "we are unable to transfer your number".

You can get a number from PM during activation.  After activation, send a private message to moderator to port your Koodo prepaid number.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jharms wrote:

Hi all,
So I went to change over my old number from Koodo (during registration it said to wait), and now when I went to change it, I was told to contact the community. So here I am :). Thanks to whoever is able to do something

@jharms  You need to send PM your Koodo account number, name on the account and your Koodo phone number so that they can submit the port for you. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@jharms 

if your Koodo account is prepaid, you will need moderator help fo complete the porting.  Expect 1-2 day wait.  Either continue to use your old Koodo SIM card (if working) or activate with temporary new PM phone number.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

pre or post paid?

Did you complete the activation and port (on self serve side) ?

Need Help? Let's chat.