cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Phone Number

TrevorBurridge
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m new to public mobile and I want to use my old mobile number. I tried to do it through My Account but it wouldn’t accept my number. What do I do?

12 REPLIES 12

@TrevorBurridge wrote:

Thanks for the information.  I wasn't sure if I was reaching them through the right link, one was from a solution I read and the other was direct from help within the community.  Anyways, they have two messages from two different pathways.  I'll wait to see if I get an answer today before trying again.  Appreciate the assistance. 

@TrevorBurridge  The source doesn't matter the link should always be the same. As long as you send the moderator team the message with your Koodo account number, name on the account and Koodo phone number they will initiate the port and since Koodo and Public Mobile share the same backend system it should not take very long. You might receive a message back from the moderator to verify you account. You should do that right aways and reply back letting them know that the verification was done. 

TrevorBurridge

Thanks for the information.  I wasn't sure if I was reaching them through the right link, one was from a solution I read and the other was direct from help within the community.  Anyways, they have two messages from two different pathways.  I'll wait to see if I get an answer today before trying again.  Appreciate the assistance. 

TrevorBurridge

Thank you

@TrevorBurridge It can take up to 2 days for them to respond.

Usually a few hours up to 2 days depending on how busy they are.   I would think you'd get a response back today sometimes. They say it's better not to send multiple messages  

TrevorBurridge

Thanks.  I sent them a message yesterday and again this morning but I have not received a response.  Any idea how long it usually takes to get a response?

Koodo prepaid must be done by the moderators!  Message them and they'll help you thru it

TrevorBurridge

It’s still active with Koodo.

@TrevorBurridgeYou will have to contact the moderators and ask them to port the number for you, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

TrevorBurridge

Tried it and it still tells me that it’s unable to transfer the number entered. The number is still active with Koodo. 

GR
Mayor / Maire

Assuming your old number is still active who was it with? If it's no longer active then you cant port it. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@TrevorBurridge Your old number has to be active in order to transfer it. If it is still active try again using the Chrome browser in incognito mode.
Need Help? Let's chat.