Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Phone Number

KAI-2910
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My number can't receive calls & text

Hi!

I have joined Public Mobile around 6 months. Today, I change my phone number on Public Mobile's Self-Serve Menu. So thankfully, it appears as if this can be done. I can see my new phone number in SelfServe, but now I can dial and place calls, but no incoming calls or texts are coming to my phone.

Thank you so much.

@CS_Agent

44 REPLIES 44

@KAI-2910 wrote:

@RobertQc: I manually enter in a phone number that I wanted. Now, I can see a new number ( exaclly number I enter ) on my account in Public Mobile selfserve.

So I'm still in Public Mobile right? And its mean I can take this number or not?

Thank for your supporting me.

@KAI-2910Public mobile immediatly sets your outgoing caller ID as that number, its nothing special. I can send you an e-mail from billgates@microsoft.com I can also call you from 911... but I canno't make it so if YOU e-mail billgates@microsoft.com it goes to me, nor can I make it if you call 911 it goes to my phone. Outgoing caller display, and incomming routing are 2 completely different things.

Your number port WILL fail 100% because you do not own the number. Not a big deal, just contact the moderator team and explain you used transfer number instead of pick a new number. Click this to send them a message

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KAI-2910

Whatever number you apparently put in there...is it working for you other than incoming? Calling somebody shows the number you chose on their caller id?

Did you enter any other information on the screen for the "transfer"?

KAI-2910

@RobertQc: I manually enter in a phone number that I wanted. Now, I can see a new number ( exaclly number I enter ) on my account in Public Mobile selfserve.

So I'm still in Public Mobile right? And its mean I can take this number or not?

Thank for your supporting me.

@KAI-2910 wrote:

@RobertQc : I chose from " Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider ". Its mean I bring a new number from Public Mobile right?

I don't totally understand, sorry.

@KAI-2910In order for transfering a number to public mobile, you have to already own that number, have it on a valid account. If you just randomly entered in a phone number and used "transfer" then lol it will 100% fail.

So please in detail explain how you chose the number to transfer, did you already have that number on another phone? Or did you just manually enter in a phone number that you wanted and do you own that number? Or was it a "drop down" list that you had to select a new number?

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@KAI-2910 wrote:

on selfserve website. It shows up everything successful. I can call right now but I can't receive any incoming call or texts.

Thats sounds a lot like a porting issue. If you chose a PM pool key there shouldn't be any real delays like that as there is no secondary provider that needs to do any actions. If the lost stolen trick doesn't work and rebooting the phone didn't help then I think you will just need to either wait it out as if it is a mobile to mobile port (up to half a day usually although not sure why that would apply here) or hope the mods see your @ message and respond.

KAI-2910

@RobertQc : I chose from " Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider ". Its mean I bring a new number from Public Mobile right?

I don't totally understand, sorry.

@KAI-2910 wrote:

@RobertQc : I chose Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider. I picked up a new number a want and it said " successful ".

@KAI-2910Exactly, you are porting a number, it can take a few days. Successful does not mean the process is complete, successful means the process has started. Be patient.

What company did you transfer from? Was it land line? Cell ? Voip? What carrier?

KAI-2910

@RobertQc : I chose Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider. I picked up a new number a want and it said " successful ".

@KAI-2910 wrote:

@RobertQc: I already use Public Mobile, and today I change my number on selfserve website. It shows up everything successful. I can call right now but I can't receive any incoming call or texts.

@KAI-2910Please answer my question. Just because you are already at public mobile does not mean you didn't change your number by transfering in a phone number. You can be at public mobile for 5 years then transfer a new number you purchased from kijiji, or your home number, etc to an existing account. The problem you are describing is exactly what happens during a number transfer so please answer my question.

Was this a NEW number that you selected from public mobile, or is this a number that you are bringing in to public mobile?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Give the "Lost / Stolen" trick a try. Seems to work for some PM glitches. Good luck.

KAI-2910

@RobertQc: I already use Public Mobile, and today I change my number on selfserve website. It shows up everything successful. I can call right now but I can't receive any incoming call or texts.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@KAI-2910When you say "change phone number" did you pick a new phone number from public mobile, or did you transfer/port a number in from another company?

KAI-2910

Yes. Many many times 😞

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@KAI-2910 wrote:

My number can't receive calls & text

Hi!

I have joined Public Mobile around 6 months. Today, I change my phone number on Public Mobile's Self-Serve Menu. So thankfully, it appears as if this can be done. I can see my new phone number in SelfServe, but now I can dial and place calls, but no incoming calls or texts are coming to my phone.

Thank you so much.

@CS_Agent

@KAI-2910Did you try rebooting your phone after changing the number?

Need Help? Let's chat.