Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Phone Number

KAI-2910
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My number can't receive calls & text

Hi!

I have joined Public Mobile around 6 months. Today, I change my phone number on Public Mobile's Self-Serve Menu. So thankfully, it appears as if this can be done. I can see my new phone number in SelfServe, but now I can dial and place calls, but no incoming calls or texts are coming to my phone.

Thank you so much.

@CS_Agent

44 REPLIES 44

KAI-2910

Because I choose what number I don't have. The transfer which uses the number you own. You have to choose " new phone number ".

You did exactly what I did wrong and you have the same issue.

Webbbrenda187
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transferred anf ported in my pjobe number but while my acct. Was in active as i received an error after that so i was informed to go get tbe plan reactivated   and then come rety but its not working what do i  do

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KAI-2910 wrote:

My issue is still porting a number from another provider that I don't have permission to transfer. ( I didn't know that ). So, I can't receive any incoming calls or text to anyone. 

I can call for anyone with my new number but I don't HAVE that, I think so. 

I don't know what should I do ._.

What happens when you dial this number you "have" from another phone? Does someone answer or their voicemail?

I think all you CAN do is wait for the moderators to sort this out.

KAI-2910

My issue is still porting a number from another provider that I don't have permission to transfer. ( I didn't know that ). So, I can't receive any incoming calls or text to anyone. 

I can call for anyone with my new number but I don't HAVE that, I think so. 

I don't know what should I do ._.

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@KAI-2910 wrote:

@CS_Agent: Could you help me to fix my issue? I will have my old phone number again or I can choose another number is available?

Thanks. I didn't receive any reply from MOD team 😞

Just to confirm your issue is still porting a number from another provider that you have permission to transfer? The other change number method can only be used between billing cycles as others have mentioned.

What happens when you call the number your trying to port?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

Thank you Moderator_Team for the clarification.  It's great to have your input.

@stonechucker

From what I gathered in the thread, it's not quite clear.

Your earlier post is probably better. It's that the OP has attempted a port that will fail. Now he has tried to change the number. Is he able to? That mod is saying we can port anytime. Sure yeah ok. Now what about attempting to change the number shortly after? Or...can we even do a change number while in a port process (that in this case will fail)?

Thank you Moderator_Team for the clarification.  It's great to have your input.

Ok...sorry for you..but it will come!!!! Few hours to 2 days waiting usually....Smiley Frustrated

KAI-2910

Yeah! Actually I wrote 2 mess. But I didn't receive any reply 😞

KAI-2910

@CS_Agent: Could you help me to fix my issue? I will have my old phone number again or I can choose another number is available?

Thanks. I didn't receive any reply from MOD team 😞

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @stonechucker

Actually, you may do ports anytime. It's only when selecting a new phone# from our number pool that you only have ONE attempt every 30 days. 

Basically, if you change your phone# today, you won't be able to select a new phone # from the number pool, you will have to wait 30 days in order to do so; however, you can port-in another phone# from another carrier anytime. 

Hopefully, this clarifies things a little bit more. 

Thanks again for your input and have yourself a great day! 

A number change can only be done once every 30 days, whether by port, or selection from the pool.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KAI-2910 wrote:

@Anonymous: But if my transfer will FAIL! I can't choose another one? What should I do?

I've never done this. I've followed this thread with great interest. Maybe changing a number while in a transfer doesn't work.

Did it not let you change the number at all? Or did you get to do it once and then tried again?

KAI-2910

@Anonymous: But if my transfer will FAIL! I can't choose another one? What should I do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KAI-2910 wrote:

@RobertQc I can't change my phone number anymore! What should I do?

Did you try to choose one...decided you didn't like it and went to choose another one?

You can only change a number once in 30 days.

KAI-2910

I did, but what should I tell them to fix my issue?

@KAI-2910 wrote:

@KAI-2910I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message.

KAI-2910

@hairbag1 wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@KAI-2910 wrote:

@RobertQc: I understood. Haizzz. My faut. Thank you so much.

@KAI-2910No problem, let us know if you have any other issues.

By the way, you can always buy a phone number you like from another source, then use the transfer feature.

If you use the "select" new phone number, its very hard to get a number you want, and the process is very slow and only gives you a few results.

Intersesting. Can you elaborate please...how to "buy" a phone number ?

@hairbag1There are a ton of phone number resellers on kijiji/ebay and ever other resale site. If you want say 416 number, then just search for "416 phone number"

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-phone-tablet-other/markham-york-region/vanity-toronto-vip-numbers/1414828470

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/173591016145

416-727-727-X Toronto Easy To Remember Repeating Vip Numbers ! $399

You can also search the directy of what companies own what number, then sign up to them and port out right away (but usually pay the port out fee if account is less than 90etc days old)

Or get fongo, free number, wait 90 days then port out free, or pay $20? to port out next day.

There are a ton of ways to do it.

@RobertQc wrote:

@KAI-2910 wrote:

By the way, you can always buy a phone number you like from another source, then use the transfer feature.

If you use the "select" new phone number, its very hard to get a number you want, and the process is very slow and only gives you a few results.

Intersesting. Can you elaborate please...how to "buy" a phone number ?

@KAI-2910 wrote:

@RobertQc: I already use Public Mobile, and today I change my number on selfserve website. It shows up everything successful. I can call right now but I can't receive any incoming call or texts.

"Successful" in self-serve doensn't mean that the the phone number transfer has been "successful".  That message in self serve is shown when you tell the Public Mobile system to change to the phone number that you are porting.  Public Mobile links this phone number to your account immediately.  Howver, the other carrier involved still has to approve the phone number transfer. 

@KAI-2910 wrote:

KAI-2910

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KAI-2910 wrote:

@RobertQc @Anonymous : I'm really sad! Why I can't use Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider If a number is I choose is eligible?

Transfer is also called porting. You would need to enter the right and valid information to transfer a number.

I see what you mean though. The button says "Check Eligibility". Call the number you entered from a different phone and see if someone answers. You would have needed all their information to validate the transfer. You can't possibly know, so the transfer you instigated won't work.

@KAI-2910 wrote:

@RobertQc @Anonymous : I'm really sad! Why I can't use Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider If a number is I choose is eligible?

@KAI-2910The number is eligible as in allowed to be transfered if you are the owner, it means it COULD be transfered in.

That's like checking Air Canada to see if they have a flights to florida tonight, then asking wtf why didn't it book a flight. Its a process. Eligible is just checking to see if that number could move to public mobile. Not that you are guarenteed. Phone numbers are owned by different people / carriers. You have to already own it to bring it here.

KAI-2910

@KAI-2910 wrote:

@Anonymous: I can call to anybody and it shows exactly my new number. But I can't receive any incoming calls or text to anyone.

I fill exactly my information when I tranfer.

Thats because when they call the number it goes to the actual owner, which is not you. You need to contact the mods and have them cancel the request, or go into self serve, and try to change your number again, but this time "Select a new number" Unless you own the number you are transfering in

number.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KAI-2910

I wonder if you were to now go in and Change number in the self-serve and choose one available there. Don't use transfer.

KAI-2910

@Anonymous: I can call to anybody and it shows exactly my new number. But I can't receive any incoming calls or text to anyone.

I fill exactly my information when I tranfer.

Need Help? Let's chat.