cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell phone

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi there

I live in Saskatchewan & was wondering will i be given a cell number starting with -306 ?

Also, how long it takes for public mobile to mail me the SIM card?  How is network coverage in SK?

Thanks

Dan

8 REPLIES 8

Nickwood247
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello I would be more then happy to answer your questions.

You will receive a number and area code for your area there is lots of coverage so that you will allways be contacted.And it will take approximately 14 days to recive your son card.

@danlee wrote:

Will we be able to look at what public mobile have to offer in term of cell numbers beforehand?

You need to create an account with your SIM card to be able to choose your number.

Availability of a certain number / area codes depends on where exactly you live. As a general rule the higher the population density (ie Regina and Saskatoon) the more likely you get choices in 639 area code only.

As an example, out here on the west coast, as a general rule, the Greater Vancouver Area has no 604 or 778 numbers available anymore, 236 is what new users have access to (and the subsequent 672 has just opened up for the area, to be used as 236 is filling up). In the more densly populated areas on Vancouver Island (Victoria, Nanaimo, Comox Valley) you get 778 numbers - and in more remote areas like Port Hardy there are still plenty of 250 numbers available.

You can port an existing 306 number to Public Mobile, if you choose to do so.

danlee

Will we be able to look at what public mobile have to offer in term of cell numbers beforehand?

@danlee, the coverage should be very good unless you are situated way up north.  As for what numbers are available for issue, it is a bit of a lottery.  If area code 306 is scarce, it might be difficult getting a number with this area code. 

@danlee

There will be quite a few choices for you during the sign up process, you will just have to wait for the moment you are ready to know for sure since it can be reserved when you take it and a number now may not be available later

You an also check out your SK network coverage here

https://www.telus.com/en/sk/mobility/network/coverage-map.jsp

Welcome to PUBLIC MOBILE 😄

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@danlee

Hey check this out

https://www.telus.com/en/sk/mobility/network/coverage-map.jsp

It shows you the coverage where you are 🙂

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You should receive the SIM card within about a week.  Public Mobile uses Telus network, so coverage would be the same as using Telus.

danlee

Hi there

I live in Saskatchewan & was wondering will i be given a cell number starting with -306 ?

Thanks

Dan

Need Help? Let's chat.