cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier Billing/ buy with phone nunber

Drizzy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I know other prepaid will allow carrier billing with say google as long as u have a balnce doesn't seem to work with pm

7 REPLIES 7

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Drizzy wrote:

I know other prepaid will allow carrier billing with say google as long as u have a balnce doesn't seem to work with pm

The only Major Prepaid Provider that allows carrier billing is Telus Prepaid. I have personally used it and it works. From Personal Experience it it doesn't work  Bell, Rogers & Fido.  Now for Public Mobile there is no way it would work because PM is a Pay For Plan/add on in Advance for your wireless Services to work with no Pay Per use or overages charges even if you have a huge prepaid balance 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Did you mean can you buy things from Google Play and have it charged to your PM account? The answer is no, you would have to set that up separately.

@Drizzy wrote:

Is not impossible for a prepaid carrier to use from the balance to pay for Google Play store purchases (such as apps, movies, music, or devices such as pixel phones or chromecast).

However, Public Mobile does not charge for things from the account balance, and you must first purchase a Public Mobile plan or add-on that includes whatever you're trying to do.  Therefore, I would have to conclude that Public Mobile has no system in place to allow for such purchases from Play Store to be billed to the customer's account and taken from available balance.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Drizzy wrote:

PM service is prepaid service.  We pay for the service upfront.

I think the direct carrier billing is for postpaid mobile service.  Carrier did a credit check on you before activation.  There is no credit check by PM.  Therefore, PM prepaid service will not provide the direct carrier billing.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Do you mean buying service with your phone number?  Or do you mean using Android Pay on your device? Something else?  What is ‘carrier billing’ ?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alex888 wrote:

No, you can only pay with a credit card or vouchers.

You can buy vouchers online from https://www.recharge.com/en or in stores.

just  to add,  usa and canadian  creditcards only and I believe visa debit is also accepted.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

No, you can only pay with a credit card or vouchers.

You can buy vouchers online from https://www.recharge.com/en or in stores.

Need Help? Let's chat.