cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant receive or make calls/texts

tomtom123456
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Activated my sim a few days ago and im not receiving texts also every time i go to call a number it just ends the call straight away

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shotgun0221 wrote:

Yes your right my bad. I see i cant spell properly either sorry about that people. 

Nah...it's interpretable 🙂

I was just commenting on your choice of "cancel". Not spelling.

Shotgun0221

Yes your right my bad. I see i cant spell properly either sorry about that people. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shotgun0221 wrote:

It will cancel your phone and plzn so no one csn use it but,  Once you report it found again it will reset everything and hopefully start working for you the way it should. Worth a try. Good luck

I wouldn't use the word "cancel". It suspends/pauses the service. Resuming it is as you say.

Shotgun0221

It will cancel your phone and plzn so no one csn use it but,  Once you report it found again it will reset everything and hopefully start working for you the way it should. Worth a try. Good luck

@tomtom123456 

Which verson of the phone do you have?

https://www.gsmarena.com/microsoft_lumia_640_lte-7055.php

3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
 HSDPA 850 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - T-Mobile
4G bandsLTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800)
 LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 12(700), 17(700) - T-Mobile

The first verson might not work well with PM, since it is missing the 1900 band.  

As mentioned previously, you might want ot try the PM SIM card in another phone to determine whether it is a hardware issue versus PM service issue. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tomtom123456 wrote:

Every time i try and suspend my account it just says theres an error and to try again later. So many thumbs up for public mobile right now!!!!!

Clear cache, or try a different browser, or use incognito/privacy mode.

The site can be problematic at times.

tomtom123456

Every time i try and suspend my account it just says theres an error and to try again later. So many thumbs up for public mobile right now!!!!!

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@tomtom123456Swap your SIM card into another phone to see if the issue persissts. If it does, it sounds like you have a provisioning issue only Moderators can solve that. I suggest click on the ? and type in contact moderators.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tomtom123456 wrote:

Im completely new here, whats the lost/stolen phone trick?

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

tomtom123456

Im completely new here, whats the lost/stolen phone trick?

tomtom123456

Its a microsoft lumia 640 LITE

New number, nothing ported

i got a $19 voucher then got the $10 pack and have 9$ left

Dont think i have any data on this plan

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tomtom123456 wrote:

Activated my sim a few days ago and im not receiving texts also every time i go to call a number it just ends the call straight away

Your plan features may not be provision correctly.

Try the lost/stolen phone trick and/or add $1 to your account suggested by totalUser to run the provision software again.

If you are not receiving texts and calls after porting,

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@tomtom123456 

More details will be helpful.

Did you activate a new line?  Port over another number?

Which plan?  Which model phone?

Does data work?  What about outgoing texts or incoming calls?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

What is the status when you log in to your selfserve?

I believe you should contact moderators

In a meantime try turn ing your phone off and on with sim in

If it didn't help try reporting your phone lost then found and restart

If that didn't help try adding $1 to your account, then restart

Need Help? Let's chat.