cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant receive calls after activation

Becca07
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So last night I activated a new account and ported my number over from Bell since then cant receive any calls. Text works and so does outgoing calls though. What is the problem? No blocked calls not in do not disturb airplane off and tried toggleing it on then off

7 REPLIES 7

@Becca07 

Did you port your number in upon activation? Was your account active when you did so? Did you recieve the PAT (porting authorization text)? Reply YES to it within 90 minutes of receiving it?

Contact your former provider to see if you can reactivate your account to be able to port it in. If it was a koodo or telus account it does not need to be active but you have to verbally authorize the port request. Then contact pm customer support to put in the port request for you.

Otherwise have the CSA assign a new number to your account. You can then choose a new number to your liking by using the change number feature in your account. You can change your number up to 4 times per 30 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@soegi19305 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
Spoiler
for IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and do Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,

maybe you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

soegi19305
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just activated my number about 6 days ago.

I can make a phone call

I can text in and out

I can not receive a phone call from anyone. - the caller got message that the number is not been activated/not valid.

I there anyone from PM can help me?

Thank you

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Contact support agents 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

or click the blurb on the bottom right for a faster response.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Becca07 

What were the steps you have done during your porting?

When you say toggling on then off…do you mean powering off the phone then powering back on or just turning off the screen?

Did you reply to the text from Bell with your old SIM in the phone?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Becca07 wrote:

So last night I activated a new account and ported my number over from Bell since then cant receive any calls. Text works and so does outgoing calls though. What is the problem? No blocked calls not in do not disturb airplane off and tried toggleing it on then off

@Becca07 

Was this a Bell cell number or landline you ported over?

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port.

Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

Leave the OLD provider SIM card in your phone to accept the PORT via SMS/text.

If you missed this 90 minute window, submit a ticket via this link to re-initiate the port:

Link to contact Customer Support Agents (CSA) for porting to Public Mobile

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

@Becca07 wrote:

Most likely, your number has not been ported over.  Did you reply to a text message from Bell Mobility (with your Bell SIM card still in your phone) to authorize the phone number transfer?  While using your Bell Mobility SIM card, try call your number to see if your phone calls are still going to your Bell service.

Need Help? Let's chat.