cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant change plan before I paid

Fu1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wanted to change my plan to the 45 dollars for 5.5G. It wouldn't let me because my other plan was asking to renew. Put money on my account and it automatically renewed the plan I had before. I tried very hard to follow the instructions I was told to change the plan before I pay; BUT it wouldn't let me! I'm very frustrated about this. Now I have paid more for less service. Not to mention; the time it's taking me to sign up to be part of this "community", figure out how to send an email to someone who might decide to get back to me. Please let me know if anyone can fix this for me. Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Fu1 wrote:

If they cant change it or fix this for me. I'm gone like the wind. I'm not in to little traps and quirks I have to figure out before I can actually enjoy my service. I have a life out side of my cell phone service and I dont have time to dink around with this crap. 

Why are you telling us this?

GC

Fu1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If they cant change it or fix this for me. I'm gone like the wind. I'm not in to little traps and quirks I have to figure out before I can actually enjoy my service. I have a life out side of my cell phone service and I dont have time to dink around with this crap. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Fu1, nice nickname, I’m sure it’s not appropriate for the forum, but I digress.

Now that you’ve renewed your plan, you can immediately future date your desired plan change, rather than waiting for the moderators to respond, since you think it will be a while, if at all.

Unfortunately, you fell into the same trap others have fallen into.  In order to change a plan yourself, the plan must still be active.  FYI, down the road if you choose to leave PM, and you wish to port your number to mother carrier, you service will also need to be active to do this.

Welcome to the community, I think you find PM is great, once you’ve learned all the quirks.

@anya wrote:

@Fu1 In addition to contacting the moderators as above, I would go back into your account and set the plan to change to the one that you really want on your next renewal date. I believe the promo is ending in a few days so if you do this, even if nothing can be done to fix what happened for this month, you will be able to take advantage of it next month.

Better option is to contact mods to directly get the plan OP wants instead of paying the full amount for old plan and wait for the new one. 

anya
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Fu1 In addition to contacting the moderators as above, I would go back into your account and set the plan to change to the one that you really want on your next renewal date. I believe the promo ends next week, so if you do this, even if nothing can be done to fix what happened for this month, you will be able to take advantage of it next month.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Unfortunately, you will need assistance from the moderators. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, PIN, and an explanation. Moderator hours are as follows: Monday to Friday, 9 am (ET) to 9 pm (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9 am (ET) - 7:30 pm (ET). The answer is usually in a few hours, but can take 24.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.