cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant call says its long distance

gman75
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hubby and I both activated with PM on the weekend and I cant call him it says long distance ... we have the same area code ... I didnt get long distance so what can I do ?

12 REPLIES 12

@smp99 wrote:

You mentioned a new area code. Could be a new exchange under that area code

587-xxx is not the same as your house 587-yyy

just guessing but 587-xxx might not be properly loaded yet. This is a moderator issue. It will get fixed

They started using 587 in alberta in 2008, it overlays both Alberta area codes, 780 & 403 and it covers all of Alberta.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You mentioned a new area code. Could be a new exchange under that area code

587-xxx is not the same as your house 587-yyy

just guessing but 587-xxx might not be properly loaded yet. This is a moderator issue. It will get fixed

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@gman75, it sounds like an account provisioning issue.  This seems to happen from time to time.  The proper list of area codes are not properly loaded into the account profile and so outbound calls to in province numbers are being rejected.  Mention to the moderators to check this and they should be able to rectify the problem.  BTW, your plan should include at least province wide calling, not just local calling.  Texting is never affected because it is international text. 

gman75

Thanks I sent a message Woman Happy

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You have service on your phone so the phones are unlocked and not the problem.

Please send a private message to the @CS_Agent and provide your phone number and PIN to get them to look into this for you.  

gman75

yes everything else works I can text my hubby and everyone else but cant call him

I had to call and get my phone unlocked ???? is that the problem ?

gman75

I can call home which is why I cant understand .. I'm in Edmonton and the newer area code is 587 so at first I was ok thats why we got 587 #'s but home is a 587 and I can call it ... I only have the $25 talk and text I think its local only calling

imm1304

@gman75 wrote:

no we dont live near a boder and adding 1 or +1 doesnt help

Just a quick troubleshoot:

1. Is your service confimed active?  Are you able to use data, sms/mms?  Sign into selfserve and verify that the plan is active.

2. Is your phone unlocked and compatible with PM (Telus/Koodo)?  If you are not sure, which carrier were you with and share the details of the phone model and we can help look this up for you.  

smp99

Can you make any calls?

I assume since you just signed up, you are likely on a Cda Wide plan.

Otherwise, to resolve this issue you will need to send a private message to the moderator team. They are available 7 day/weeks but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

gman75

no we dont live near a boder and adding 1 or +1 doesnt help

imm1304

Hey @gman75,

Welcome to PM!

Try dialing 1 or +1 before the number.  The operator plays that outdated long distance reminder message if just 10 digits are dialled sometimes.  But after the operator finishes talking, the call still goes through as long as its included in your plan.

If this is not the case for you, please send a private message to @CS_Agent and provide your phone number and PIN and get help.  

KMG

Try adding +1 in front of the number you are trying to call, and then trying again.

Do you live near a provincial border?  Some people have had issues where the phone connects to cell towers on the other side of the border.

Need Help? Let's chat.