cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Send/Receive Texts or Calls after porting number

Triebr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up and switched from Rogers yesterday. I ported my existing number and it said the transfer was completed when I was signing up but I still can't receive or send texts and calls (data is working fine).

When I called my voicemail it said Public Mobile so know I'm on the right network.

How long does the porting process take? 

5 REPLIES 5

Triebr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@srlawren I have an iPhone 7. I put my IMEI number in before signing up to make sure it was compatible.

@MacMe

Just tried that with no results.

I will contact the Mods to see is they can help

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

DId you try powering off your phone (and maybe even taking out the SIM and re-inserting) and powering back on?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Triebr since you also cannot send texts or place outbound calls, porting is not the issue, this sounds like an activation issue.  OR, possibly an incompatible phone.  What is your phone's make and model (be as specific as possible on the model, please).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Triebr, Rogers ports take in the order of one hour.  Definitely something went off the rails if the port was not complete after a day.  Reach out to the moderator team as suggested to have the port resubmitted.

joesugarman27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you ported your number yesterday You May  need to send a private message to a @CS_Agent,

In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.

Need Help? Let's chat.