cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use data on my plan.

Palidino
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I have canada wide, global text and 6gb. Paid for 90 days. But for some reason i cannot use data. I am using an unlocked iphone 6 plus. Calling works. I tried changing my network settings from the default isp.telus.com to sp.mb.com does not work. Tried resetting network settings. Also restarted my phone. What can i do?
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @akrit.  Wow, you have posted to a really old topic.  For future reference, you should always start a new topic, so that you get the maximum exposure and possible responses.

As for your data problem...  Did you data ever work with Public Mobile?  Did you check to see if your phone is compatible with PM's data network?  For that, you can use a website like willMyPhoneWork.net   or  frequencycheck.com .  If your phone is compatible, you should also check your APN settings .  There is a checklist prepared by member @Luditte

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/No-data-near-Renewal/m-p/134842/highlight...that you might want to check out.

You can find APN setting info here:  https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en

akrit
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So how can we activate our mobile data from the phone?

I too have data pack but I am able to use it.

Could you help me out?

manelgm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Palidino wrote:
Everything was setup correctly. But still did not work. I had to update from ios8 to ios9 and then it worked. Problem solved data is working now

That is an issue that could potentially affect many people... good info to know!

Palidino
Everything was setup correctly. But still did not work. I had to update from ios8 to ios9 and then it worked. Problem solved data is working now

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Palidino;

You've done a great job of isolating the issue! Your PM sim works for data in another phone, so the data feed is known to be available, and your phone works for data with a another sim so know the phone is good, and that other sim was Telus which is the same network as PM so that eliminates network issues.

All that strongly points to a phone setup issue, of which the APN is the prime candidate. Did you carefully follow the instructions at the link @imm1304 provided? Did you make sure that the new APN was the one selected?

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Looking at the link @imm1304 provided it mentions make sure all the other fields are blank. Shot in the dark but is everything else blank? 

Palidino
I did try enter sp.mb.com and isp.mb.com says i am not subscribed to data service. But when i plug in my other public mobile sim into the phone it doesnt work either. And plug my sim in another phone the data works. So it is not the sim card. It is the phone. But when i plug in my telus sim data works. Just the phone doesnt recognize public mobile sim for internet

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Palidino!

Welcome to Public Mobile!  

You probably have the wrong APN settings on the phone.  it should be sp.mb.com in the APN box and more.

Follow the instructions here:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update-and-APN-settings/m-p/1610#...

Make sure the APN are set exactly as they are shown in the link above.  Let us know if this helped. 

Need Help? Let's chat.