cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot transfer (port) phone number from Virgin Mobile

f95476
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am trying to set up my new phone and I cannot transfer, or port, my old number.  I am currently with Virgin Mobile on a pay-as-you-go plan.  Should I follow the same procedure noted for Koodoo users?  That is to say, choose a new number now and submit a request/workorder to have my old number transferred?

Thank you,

Dan

4 REPLIES 4

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@f95476 

Your best option in my own opinion: is to activate with a Public Mobile number then port after. This way you don't lose service ever. 

Once the SIM card works then private message the Mod's and asks to have your "pay as you go" number ported over. 

You will need your name, account number and phone number readily available for them. Contact them either through the bot or via private message here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Note: bringing up my mom a lot today, but she was with Virgin this is how we did it and she has service less than 10 mins after we private messaged. Gave her peace of mind that her number was not off in limbo. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@f95476 no, just choose to port your number over now don't choose a new number

all you need is the account number, name, and number

f95476
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please ignore, typo on my part entering phone #.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@f95476 wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to set up my new phone and I cannot transfer, or port, my old number.  I am currently with Virgin Mobile on a pay-as-you-go plan.  Should I follow the same procedure noted for Koodoo users?  That is to say, choose a new number now and submit a request/workorder to have my old number transferred?

Thank you,

Dan

If you are having problems porting your number then yes contact a moderator:

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Need Help? Let's chat.