cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot text outside Public Mobile/Koodo/Telus network

BrianBToronto
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since noon Saturday I have been unable to text to my contacts - especially those not on the Telus/Kodoo/Public Mobile service.  

I can receive texts from outside the Public Mobile/Koodo/Telus network but when I reply they do not send. 

Yesterday I was able to reply to a friend on Koodo but those not in the network cannot be texted. They can send to me but I cannot reply. 

Is there an issue with this on the network?

My account is active and paid up to date (my next payment is due at the end of December). 

15 REPLIES 15

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BrianBTorontoYes, I've had the same issue in the past but in reverse. I was not receiving messages from contacts using iPhones b/c they were sending them out via iMessaging, which is not supported by Android devices. Also, Adroid devices also have their own version of messaging similar to iMessaging, but have not heard of any issues with it. Glad you've worked things out now!

BrianBToronto

Thanks,

It seems it was an imessage issue.  Once I shut off imessage and sent all messages as texts and not imessage these texts went through.  I turned imessage back on later in the day and all seems fine.  It wasn't a public mobile issue but the moderator was very helpful.  

@BrianBToronto 

Make sure wifi or data is enabled for iMessages to work.

If you are using mobile data, check your self-serve to make sure you still have some left on your account.

BrianBToronto

It appears that imessage is not working.  I can send messages in text mode but not to iphone freinds through the apple backbone system for imessage.  

Possible apple problem as far as I can tell.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Best to have a moderator look at this by clicking question mark, bottom right, and follow instructions,

amack

Have you recently ended a US roaming add-on? That has prevented me from receiving texts for the last day and a half. Apparently it's a known issue dating back to at least 2017. 

@BrianBToronto 

As you wait for moderator help, you could try the SIM card in another phone.  To help determine whether it is a hardware issue versus PM service problem.  

If hardware issue, maybe try a network reset.  

Make sure the imessage settings were not changed by accident:

• Go to Settings> Messages> Send & Receive
  1. Your settings should be:
    • Can be reached by imessage at: Phone Number
    • Start new conversations from: Phone Number

2.  Turn on Send as SMS

• Go to Settings> Messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just can't stand that SIMon chatbot thing. When I was reporting the fast-consumption gift data, I tried many of these suggestions. Never saw the submit ticket. I finally gave up and clicked on Contact Moderator which I was constantly getting which brought me to the standard old pm. I wrote my thing. The next day I got a response. It had been fixed by then anyway.

@BrianBToronto 

Use SIMon chatbot to submit a ticket to Moderators

1. Click the green "?" on the lower right of this page

2. Type "Contact moderator"

3. Click "Account-specific question"

4. Click "No, I want a human"

5. Click "Submit a ticket"

6. Login if your username/password are not filled in.

7. Click the drop down menu (in the white area).

8. Pick the topic that fits your issue and follow the directions to submit it.

9. If none of the topics are correct click Other/Something Else until you reach the blank form.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method will have slower response times.

BrianBToronto

I have iphone 5 and am submitting text messages from the native text app that comes with the phone.

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help -> on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"

BrianBToronto

I have been a Public Mobile for over 2 years and did not submit a number port for the account. 

I tried looking for how to submit a ticket but cannot find where that is done.

This needs moderator help I think.

Thanks for your suggestion.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@BrianBToronto, did you submit a number port to the account?  If so, your port is stuck which is why outgoing text to those not in the Telus family is not working.  The moderator team should be able to resolve a stuck port.

BrianBToronto

Thanks Mayor, I restarted my phone yesterday and it did not resolve the issue.  

I'll contact moderator and take out a ticket.  

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried restarting your phone?

If issue continues, you can submit a ticket to Moderator_team to have them take a look at your account. Click on the green question mark at bottom right to get started.

Btw what phone do you have? And are you using the native texting app?

Need Help? Let's chat.