cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Cannot submit "Wireline Number Transfer"

Try again and I asure you that you have to put your Bell account number in order to get the number port done to PM.

Oracle

@ChristopheM wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to activate my SIM card and transfer a number from my current, active landline with Bell.

On the "phone number" step of the activation process, I entered my number, checked eligibility and filled the required fields (name, adress, alternate contact number, change in other services,etc.), checked the "I am authorized" box, but I get the following error message:

Your Old Service Provider rejected your transfer request. Common mistakes:

•   • Account Number doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •   • Equipment Serial Number doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •   • Security PIN doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •   • Alternate Contact Number format (should be 10-digits, no spaces, no dashes)
  •   • Did not check the “I am authorized…” checkbox 

The thing is that I am never asked for an account number, serial number or security pin! 

I did enter a valid contact number (I tried 2 different ones) and checked the autorization box. 

I tried entering "Bell" and my Bell account password in the fields for "Reseller name (if applicable)" and "Old Account Password (if applicable)", without success. 

I tried going through the process multiple times in both firefox and internet explorer browsers.

Am I missing something? 

@ChristopheM, to verify account ownership for porting, you need to enter any one of account number, IMEI or PIN associated with the old service.  You don't need to supply all 3.  Some people enter all 3 as if more is better.  You can do that but if there is any mismatch, the port fails.  So it is best to go minimalist to reduce data entry errors.  Take a look at your monthly Bell bill.  There should be an account number on the bill.  When entering the account number, do not include the separators such as dashes or spaces.  For the name, enter the name exactly as it appears on the phone bill.  Check off the authorization to port box and submit it.  I have done more ports than I can count into Public Mobile and have never had a failure using this formula.  Give it a shot and report back the result.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just to clarify, this is a landline number that I am trying to port.

I'll try again after work, but in all my previous attemps I never had any field in which I could enter account number, IMEI (My old service doesn't have one anyway), or PIN. After I verify number eligibility, I get asked about my name, adress, alternative contact number, whether I am changing adress, what to do for other services associated with this landline, reseller name(if applicable) and Old account password(if applicable). 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ChristopheM wrote:

Just to clarify, this is a landline number that I am trying to port.

I'll try again after work, but in all my previous attemps I never had any field in which I could enter account number, IMEI (My old service doesn't have one anyway), or PIN. After I verify number eligibility, I get asked about my name, adress, alternative contact number, whether I am changing adress, what to do for other services associated with this landline, reseller name(if applicable) and Old account password(if applicable). 

PM Porting Nr Screen.PNG

@domptg : This is a screen that I am not getting. 

Nothing shows up before I enter my number and click Check Eligibility. After I do that, I get the Wireline Number Transfer page, not the Wireless Number Transfer page.

I'll post a screenshot later.

@ChristopheM, do you have DSL internet or something similar on your wireline?  This may be part of the problem, as Bell will need to cancel that service, unless you set up a dry-loop service for it.

@stonechucke, Yes I do have a DSL from a reseller on that line. I have already contacted them and will have them install their own dry-loop after my Bell service gets cancelled. They didn't seem to think that the presence of a DSL would prevent Bell from cancelling the service: they said that cancelling my Bell landline would just make my DSL stop working until a dry loop in installed.  

In the Wireline Number Transfer page, I had tried the both options of not changing services on that line (since I don't have other Bell services) or cancelling services on that line (just in case). In both cases, I get the same error message as in the original post almost right away. 

@ChristopheM, ah, glad you knew about the dry loop ahead of time.  Just thought it might have been a problem.  I've not attempted a wireline port, so I'm not familiar with the form you'll be filling out.

When submitting a port request through Public Mobile's website and it immediately comes up with an that on-screen error message with possible reasons for failure and that the old provider rejected the request, I don't believe for a second that is accurate.

I beleive when this happens, it is purely a website/Public Mobile issue.  Public Mobile just doesn't know that quickly if the old provider rejected the request.  If they did, it would never take a a few hours or a few days for a port request to complete.  All port requests would be complete within a few seconds (which they aren't).

@computergeek541, I agree that it sounds more like a website problem, which is why I keep trying in different ways but so far no sucess...